Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hereford aside what is our most memorable final day?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
0-0 versus Walsall about 25-30 years ago.
Regards,
Busman ;)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Beating Bristol Rovers to clinch promotion frrom the old 3rd division

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
That was memorable. A personal favourite was Elm Park as the Biscuitmen got a promotion - singing "you're shit and and you know you are". Funny the things that stick in your memory.
Was that 1994 when we got the joy of watching Reading AND Port Vale clinch their promotion by us losing the final two games? The Port Vale being memorable for their pitch invasion that started ugly but finished as a love-in.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
This!!! Lovely hot day, 18k in the Goldstone, a bullet header from Bremner, a tidy finish from Nelson and we were back in Div 1 at the first attempt after a horror season in 87-88.
Rovers

Devon White fell arse over tit when running out to a massive cheer - god how do I remember that

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
There’s been a few but I would probably go for Southampton at home this season.
It was sad to see them go down, but what a day guaranteeing European football for next season.

People seem to be mixing up memorable and best.

I'd say the most memorable were the York game and the pitch invasion - something that made the national news

Or 1978 v Blackpool and hearing the Southampton/Spurs match. That was memorable all right, people are still talking about it
Chillout sir!

FWIW Pitch invasions for 2010 relegation battle win and 2011 League One promotion, my best mate got tripped up by a Dagenham and Redbridge player, which he deserved for shouting YES at him, but it was hilarious and the times I fell in love with BHA.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
For me beating Bristol Rovers 2-1 at the Goldstone in 1988 to get promotion to the second division.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Was going to ask on the other thread but it's been locked. So please don't use this thread to have a dig at Stuart as it'll end up the same way.

If you take Hereford out of the mix what is the most memorable final day?

Wilkins free kick against Ipswich?

Ulloa header against Forest?
Newcastle away.... 1978/79 season

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
Was that 1994 when we got the joy of watching Reading AND Port Vale clinch their promotion by us losing the final two games? The Port Vale being memorable for their pitch invasion that started ugly but finished as a love-in.
This was my 1st Albion game so very memorable for me!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Adrian Thorne's 5 goals in the 6-0 beating of Watford to clinch our first ever Football League promotion after two near misses in previous seasons.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Dean Wilkins late free kick to get us into the play offs in 91 was pretty special. Likewise Ulloa v Forest.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
This!!! Lovely hot day, 18k in the Goldstone, a bullet header from Bremner, a tidy finish from Nelson and we were back in Div 1 at the first attempt after a horror season in 87-88.
I’m pretty sure that was against Bristol Rovers. ???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Seeing as many people on this thread seem keen to extend "last game" to "last home game", beating Man Utd 1-0 in 2018 to stay up after our first season in the league was pretty good fun

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Another vote for Leeds at the Goldstone 1981 2-0 win to stay up.

The 4 game winning run, which started with the 3-0 demolition of Palace away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here