Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herbie Hide

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Clifton Mitchell was another heavywieght prospect, nutured by ITV and Frank Warren in the good old days, who looked 'pretty handy' until they put him in with someone who actually hit him back.

Not forgetting Noel Quarless, Liverpool's answer to Joe Bugner........
i'm surprised nobody has mentioned the inimitable hughroy currie :lolol:

jamesy's

Mar 3, 2009
Hughroy Currie got beat by the unbeaten Horace Notice for the British title. Only for Notice to retire at a later date unbeaten with a detached retina. Small heavy weight but I think he would have beaten the false Tyson Fury.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Clifton Mitchell was another heavywieght prospect, nutured by ITV and Frank Warren in the good old days, who looked 'pretty handy' until they put him in with someone who actually hit him back.

Not forgetting Noel Quarless, Liverpool's answer to Joe Bugner........

Mitchell lost his unbeaten record against Oyebola for the British title and Oyebola lost to Big Scott at Brighton in I think the last ever big time show here. Noel Quarless was one of my favourites when Boxing was shown on ITV Midweek Sports Special on Wednesday nights, I remember him wrecking Anders Eklund and John L Gardner in MASSIVE upsets and then he went off the rails, lost by DQ to a Yank then I remember being at Wembley Arena for the Bruno v Bonecrusher fight and he got KO'D in a round. He fought some big names but packed it in after Lewis KO'D him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here