Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Her Majesty The Queens Platinum Jubilee - Official Thread

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Looking forward to it, loads of events going on in my village. I've signed up to help out where I can.

Hopefully, even the abolitionists and the bolshies on the other thread will get involved and enjoy themselves!

Looking forward to it as well.
The American pastafarian family flew in this morning for it. Going to spend a few days in London this week enjoying ourselves and The Mall on thursday should be quite a sight.
On a side note we are expecting to drink enough Gin to make a significant impact to GDP.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Makes me laugh people actually throwing parties for this woman.

I'll respect anyone who does their job for such a long period of time, but I wouldn't celebrate Margaret sitting on the tills at Sainsburys for 70 years, or Eric working at his green grocer for 70 years. They've done their job, bravo. Why give a shit about this woman who has had everything handed to her on a plate?

Maybe just take the chance to enjoy yourself with family and friends for a day or two, and maybe a very brief toast to a life of service and loyalty? Or you could just go to work as though nothing is going on. My bet is you will have your cake and eat it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maybe just take the chance to enjoy yourself with family and friends for a day or two, and maybe a very brief toast to a life of service and loyalty? Or you could just go to work as though nothing is going on. My bet is you will have your cake and eat it.

Quite - I’ve usually managed to enjoy Christmas and Easter without giving religion a second thought

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
The idea of a royal family and hereditary ‘power” is such and odd one in modern day.

Fortunately like most other countries were only heading in one direction. Most people of my generation (youngsters) tend to agree that they are unnecessary and like the dwindling attendances at sunday mass the parasites that once supported the monarchy will reduce dramatically once our elders sadly die off.

We are well past the stage of kings, queens, princes, jesters etc.

I’m not celebrating someone who has done an average job (unopposed) for a long long time. All she’s actually done is avoid death and she has been so well looked after that I’m not surprised she managed that.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well, at least she's lasted until June and we get our holiday. I thought she might pop her clogs, poor love.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The idea of a royal family and hereditary ‘power” is such and odd one in modern day.

Fortunately like most other countries were only heading in one direction. Most people of my generation (youngsters) tend to agree that they are unnecessary and like the dwindling attendances at sunday mass the parasites that once supported the monarchy will reduce dramatically once our elders sadly die off.

We are well past the stage of kings, queens, princes, jesters etc.

I’m not celebrating someone who has done an average job (unopposed) for a long long time. All she’s actually done is avoid death and she has been so well looked after that I’m not surprised she managed that.

Good luck to your generation on its Great Leap Forward.

As demonstrated by Brexit overthrowing the control of institutions that are only decades old can be hard going, and massed ranks of political/artistic/media/corporate establishment will set their face against it as they seek to protect their seats in the Lords, honour system and the like.

It will be a long march, expect the new Watt Tylers of this movement to be gas lit as Russian sympathisers, and their supporters as dumb, ill educated traitors.

The playbook has already been written……..the process for getting a referendum itself could take decades.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Saw this morning on GMB literally hundreds of people already camping out on the Mall to celebrate and get a glimpse of her Majesty. Went out yesterday to get some more bunting for our house and it's sold out everywhere. Britain seems to be going absolutely bonkers for The Queen and determined that whatever the weather this weekend we will celebrate her reign and thank her for all she does for us.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
This sums up my enthusiasm for the Jubilee completely.

6i52z2.jpg

F*** 'em, Im just enjoying the couple of days off work - and will avoid any & all media to do with the Royals.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Saw this morning on GMB literally hundreds of people already camping out on the Mall to celebrate and get a glimpse of her Majesty. Went out yesterday to get some more bunting for our house and it's sold out everywhere. Britain seems to be going absolutely bonkers for The Queen and determined that whatever the weather this weekend we will celebrate her reign and thank her for all she does for us.

https://twitter.com/myldn/status/1531588955187171330?s=21&t=9PqFsEdMaItHG3nQWRvX4w

The replies to this :lolol:

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Good luck to your generation on its Great Leap Forward.

As demonstrated by Brexit overthrowing the control of institutions that are only decades old can be hard going, and massed ranks of political/artistic/media/corporate establishment will set their face against it as they seek to protect their seats in the Lords, honour system and the like.

It will be a long march, expect the new Watt Tylers of this movement to be gas lit as Russian sympathisers, and their supporters as dumb, ill educated traitors.

The playbook has already been written……..the process for getting a referendum itself could take decades.

I think most non-monarchists would favour a gradual dwindling into irrelevance rather than overthrow. Step 1 would be the removal of all Civil List payments but perhaps allow state payments for the upkeep of properties on the basis that we can have access to them.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I can thank her for all she does for us . . . .

Ta.

Done

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I hope it pisses down for the entirety and that the servants of the entitled woman at the centre of it all have forgotten to pack her rain coat.

Other than that. I'm on the fence about the whole thing.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I agree with the sentiments of everyone in this thread, God bless Her Majesty and I am thrilled for the forthcoming festivities.

God save the Queen :clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here