Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Her Majesty sets a new record.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Depends how many siblings you share it with. Only child? - cop the lot, unless Mum and Dad were mortgaged to the hilt. There is inheritance tax, but that only kicks in over a certain amount - and if that applies, you're still likely to cop a fair wedge anyway.

It's 40% tax on everything over £325k.

I'd imagine in Liz's case, that would amount to a fair bit.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Er...that's it isn't it?.......doesn't really cover it, but you're not interested anyway, are you? You have got your opinion.

I'm interested in other people's opinions too. I don't just assume I'm right. But I would welcome some evidence of what those 'achievements' might be.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So .......... any achievements yet? Apart from being born into privilege and managing not to die, or abdicate her throne. :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm interested in other people's opinions too. I don't just assume I'm right. But I would welcome some evidence of what those 'achievements' might be.
Just for starters, the successful transition from Empire to Commonwealth perhaps? A remarkable voluntary 'club' of 52 sovereign nations, many of which were previously in the British Empire, but also some who actually asked to join.
And before the nay-sayers come swarming in, no, she didn't do it single-handed, on her own, but she nonetheless played an integral and important part of the transition.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Around 56p a year, she is very welcome to my just over 1p a week...... GSTQ.

The Queen's communication secretary also said of the 2013/2014 cost: 'When the net expenditure of £35.7m is divided by the UK population, the result is an annual cost of monarchy of 56p per person. So just over 1 penny per person per week.' One penny per person per week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here