Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Passes Away - 08/09/2022

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
im afraid it is blindingly obvious what this is leading up to. The protocol is literally written and we are seeing it play out.

It is obvious that the situation is grave. And it is likely some know more in the media than has been said.

But it's annoying when folk make blind statements.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Was this from Facebook by any chance?

No. My wife is in a session with a bunch of other NHS colleagues - one of whom has provided the info. No idea of where that came from though. None of it really matters anyway.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They need to put the belts on William. Charles in charge will see all sorts kicking off.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
BBc journalist had to remove a tweet announcing the death
Resting is a synonym for....
Nick witchel quavering voice
All bbc staff in black

Well my 2+2=4

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not a massive royalist by any stretch, but it's a sad day – assuming it is today – because she has been such a major figure for so long.

However, I will never understand how the outpouring of grief from some people is greater than it would be for someone from their own family. Same with Diana, Queen mum and Phillip.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
None.

There is a lot of speculation. I wouldn't personally write speculation, it's all 'look at me'.

Sad really.

Two and two says this is a very serious affair. But no-one knows anything beyond that.

Unfortunately in this ‘social media’ mad world everyone appears to know someone.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I don't know if I'm alone on here, but contemplating what might happen in the next few hours I've got a bit emotional in the last hour or so.

If its today, it will be the saddest day in the history of this nation.

The Queen is the glue that holds this country together, we will never see her like again.

You're not alone Lenny

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't know if I'm alone on here, but contemplating what might happen in the next few hours I've got a bit emotional in the last hour or so.

If its today, it will be the saddest day in the history of this nation.

The Queen is the glue that holds this country together, we will never see her like again.

Likewise. I'm 56 yet she seemed like a quite elderly woman when I was a kid. She's been on the throne for almost my mum's entire life, let alone mine. An absolutely remarkable constant.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Likewise. I'm 56 yet she seemed like a quite elderly woman when I was a kid. She's been on the throne for almost my mum's entire life, let alone mine. An absolutely remarkable constant.

I was 3 when the King died so I don’t remember it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Just been working it out. I saw her when I was 11. She would have been my age now 53.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Have I missed it?

Any statement that comes out won't be preset to a specific time in my view. It'll happen once a certain set of conditions have been met and not before. And I suspect at least one of those conditions hasn't been met yet, because the BBC are reporting Harry's not arrived at Balmoral yet. Nothing will be announced until after he gets there and has been informed of the situation in person IMO.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Friend of mine (well, not really a friend but we're two of the last people in a quite dead IRC channel going on for years) who is working at the Swedish state television said a few hours ago that they've received embargoed ('until further notice') news from England and that for once he felt it was a of a magnitude that meant he couldn't reveal it, but also said I could probably make my own conclusions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here