Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Passes Away - 08/09/2022

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
That music and Kirsty Young almost in tears at the end set me off. :cry:

What a day. Never to be forgotten.

I just hope Harry makes peace with his brother and father before he returns to USA.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What a monumentally historic and emotional day. The many thousands involved should all be so proud of themselves, most of all the Royal Family who must be exhausted. Goodbye and God Save The King!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The walk up the drive at Windsor was powerful, poignant time with drums, but the bagpipes as the coffin descended, got me, tears n’all…

The Royal family held steadfast through an emotional day, how they held it together god only knows.

Thank you Elizabeth, the last connection with my grandparents generation, whom fought for you and your father against evil for the greater good of this country and the world.
Long Live The King.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Magnificently organised event, which went incredibly well and was a fitting end for our Queen, who will be remembered historically as one of our greatest monarchs of all time.

She evolved throughout her reign, and the esteem in which she is held worldwide, should tell us everything we need to know.

Amazing job by all involved.

Incredibly poignant and quite sad.

RIP Elizabeth and thank you…..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The walk up the drive at Windsor was powerful, poignant time with drums, but the bagpipes as the coffin descended, got me, tears n’all…

The Royal family held steadfast through an emotional day, how they held it together god only knows.

Thank you Elizabeth, the last connection with my grandparents generation, whom fought for you and your father against evil for the greater good of this country and the world.
Long Live The King.

I lost it when I saw Emma, her pony, and then her corgis. The personal touch in the middle of State Ceremonial.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I bet demand for lone pipers goes the the roof, reasonable rates imho.

I'm in.

Screenshot_20220919-184319~2.png

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Britain does these things so well. And today was certainly no exception.

A fine and fitting send-off for Her Majesty and the end of an era.

May all learn from her example of duty, service and sacrifice.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Found the removal of the orb, sceptre and crown at the very end really quite emotional, a kind of final moment of being relieved of duty for her majesty. BBC were wonderful as ever, they just do this sort of thing so well, someone give Huw, Kirsty and Dimbers a gong.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
BBC reporting a worldwide television audience of 5.1 billion viewers.

Leeds would have taken more.

If anything close to that number, that really is a mind blowing number.

Must of up there as one of the most watched events in the history of television.

Thought the Beeb did a fantastic job today, the reminder why we need first rate public service broadcasting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here