Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Henrik Rydstrom - new manager candidate.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Who was the up and coming but short of experience Swedish manager who was talked about 2 years ago. I can't remember and wanted to look him up to see his progression
I think you mean the Norwegian guy - Kjetil Knutsen (?). Manager of Bodo/Glimt. Just checked - he's still there. They won the Norwegian league (again) last year, finished second in their groyp in the Europa Conference, but lost to Ajax in the knockout stage.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They don't forget it, because it never happened. You persisting to retro-fit in a false narrative that he was a bad manager doesn't change the fact that he progressed us as a club considerably from the Hughton years and prior to 2022-23, delivered our highest EVER league position.

No-one is denying that he wasn't patchy, he was, and there were periods when we were very hard to watch indeed but without his stint in charge we don't attract De Zerbi (another manager you actively dislike IIRC).

I firmly sit in the "never go back" camp anyway but, come one man, change the record.
Who said I disliked DeZerbi? Definitely not me. He supercharged Potters 11 fantastic stuff. I think it’s a blunder getting rid the poof will be in the pudding 😉

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Do people forget 3 years of dross? Hardly scoring longest losing run, one home win in a year. Or just beating a shit Leicester side 5-2 ?
No, we remember the immediate transition from a side that parked the bus in front of goal looking for scoreless draws to gain enough points to stay up, to a side playing attractive football with a desire to win, eventually clicking and finishing 9th and having a stellar start before he betrayed our patience.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Odds shortening all the time. His Swedish fan club will make hay in the bars here compa
Just thought of another reason why I want this guy.

Chelsea sacked Poch so they could nick in ahead of us and get McKenna. How funny would it be if the McKenna interest was just a decoy while we sew things up with Rydstrom? Another Bloom victory over the American Boehl-end.

(But tbh McKenna impresses me too and I'm trusting Tony's judgement for now.)
Until they sack McKenna at Christmas and come for whoever we appoint at that point.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Let's get this guy in, sounds like fun!
I hope his english is better than mine, we will get some good quotes, that's for sure.

This one says something like "I've learnt tactics on Twitter"... He's outspoken and very special.
Source if you wan't to Google translate it: https://www.cafe.se/henrik-rydstrom-intervju-malmo-ff/

HR.JPG

Last edited:

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
... they actually mention De Zerbi in that article ...

"During the 2021 season, statistics came from the Swiss institute CIES which showed that Rydström's Kalmar FF had made 658 passes per game during the season, tenth most of all teams in Europe, closely behind teams such as Guardiola's Manchester City, Sarri's Lazio and De Zerbi's Shakhtar Donetsk - a feat comparable to a SM gold for a soccer hipster."

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Did Swansman ever mention this chap? He lived next door to Malmo in Lund.
I don't know, I missed that Swansman era! I was just here on NSC lurking every now and then for a couple of years before I registered an account here. Didn't know he was based in southern Sweden.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
... they actually mention De Zerbi in that article ...

"During the 2021 season, statistics came from the Swiss institute CIES which showed that Rydström's Kalmar FF had made 658 passes per game during the season, tenth most of all teams in Europe, closely behind teams such as Guardiola's Manchester City, Sarri's Lazio and De Zerbi's Shakhtar Donetsk - a feat comparable to a SM gold for a soccer hipster."
Worth noting that that season Kalmar scored 41 goals (and shipped 39) for a GD of +2 -- the fewest goals of any team in the top eight and the worst goal difference of any team in the top nine.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Who was the up and coming but short of experience Swedish manager who was talked about 2 years ago. I can't remember and wanted to look him up to see his progression
Can’t recall a Swedish one.

Knutsen has already been mentioned who’s Norwegian.

Only other Scandinavian I can recall is Bo Svensson who’s just joined Union Berlin.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I presume that you mean Bo Svensson (Danish). He was an outside shot two years ago.

Just been named the new Union Berlin manager. He did a sensational job at Mainz taking them from near certain relegation to two top 10 finishes. He unfortunately was sacked after a bad run at the start of the season just gone. He'll do a great job at Union.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Who said I disliked DeZerbi? Definitely not me. He supercharged Potters 11 fantastic stuff. I think it’s a blunder getting rid the poof will be in the pudding 😉
Who is this poof who will be in the pudding. I trust this is not intended to be homophobic!:mad::eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
We're not hiring someone who has never played nor managed outside of Sweden. He's not even managed his team in Europe.
He sounds like great fun and all, but we're not going with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here