Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed relishes Championship return - and backs Kayal to become a national treasure [The Ar

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Beram Kayal can be a regular first-choice at international level.
That, believes his team-mate for club and country Tomer Hemed, is one of the key conclusions to be drawn from Israel’s opening World Cup qualifier.
But the Albion striker was not surprised to see his midfield sidekick earn rave reviews against Italy.
He reckons Kayal did not do much against Marco Parolo and Marco Verratti in Haifa on Monday that he does not produce for the Seagulls in the Championship.
Both Kayal and Hemed are back safely, ready to face Brentford in the Championship.
Hemed does so buoyed by a performance which saw him have a hand in Tal Ben Haim’s superb chipped goal over an impressed Gianluigi Buffon.
He was also the man who was fouled, resulting in Giorgio Chiellini’s first red card in internationals.
But the dynamic Kayal was the man they were all talking about in Israel, despite a 3-1 defeat.
Hemed told the Argus: “With the last coach of the national team, Beram was one of the players that didn’t get too many chances.*Of course we know what he did here.
“I saw it every week and I was sure he could help us in the national team.
“I think everybody knows Beram can be a very important player for the national team and I’m happy for him that he played and he played well.
“He needs to be part of the national team and play every game.”
Kayal posted a picture of himself being hugged by the legendary Buffon on his Instagram account.
The performances of both Albion men in such esteemed company is, Hemed believes, testament to the level of the Championship.
He said: “The Championship is a very tough league and, after playing here for one year, I think it has prepared me for playing against very tough defences.
5037038.jpg

“Many people said myself and Beram played very well against Italy and I think the experience we’ve had here in England has helped us feel comfortable against teams like Italy.”
Hemed has shrugged off any fatigue from his trip home and what was a 10.45pm kick-off, local time.
The former Mallorca and Almeria striker said: “For me it is something I was used to.*We used play in Spain at these hours.
“When I came here it was a big change to play every week at 3pm.
“We get used to playing at different hours.
“The weather is different here in Israel. It’s not a problem.”
Hemed looks a certain starter against Brentford, especially with Sam Baldock out through suspension. The Israeli has come off the bench in three recent away games, including the League Cup tie at Oxford, where he scored.
Now it is back home, where he netted with a super header in the win at home to Brentford last season.
Article continues after...[h=3]More Articles[/h]

It was, memorably, part of Albion’s first win all season by more than a single goal – on February 5.
4705455.jpg

The 3-0 margin that night has already been achieved twice in the first two home games.
Hemed initially suggested confidence had taken a knock on the road with a draw at Reading and defeat by Newcastle.
Asked to expand on that, he said: “Maybe confidence is not the right word.
“But we need to think about us, to do our job and play the football we know everybody can play.
“We know our targets and we need to win every game at home.
“If we look at last season, we started well and didn’t lose for a long time.

“It has happened early this time but we don’t need to think too much about the last game.“We played against a good team (at Newcastle), maybe one of the best teams in the league.
“It can happen but we need to think about why we lost the game and do better next time.
“We need to do our job like we know to do.*I am sure if we do our normal game it will be good enough to win.”
Hemed will not lack ambition. That much was evident in that World Cup qualifier when he tried to beat Buffon with an overhead kick from 20 yards out.
That is probably the definition of optimistic – and his effort sailed wide.
The Seagulls No.10 keeps shaping to attempt those spectacular bicycle kick efforts for his club.*So will one go in this season?
5468862.jpg

“It’s coming,” he said with a laugh.
“Every time it’s getting close. I’m sure it will come this season.
“I’ve done it well once or twice in training. I’m sure it will come in the game.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here