Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed miss at 2-0?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
To be fair, I think the coverage of us throughout this season has been very..." Look at little brighton, aren't they cute". Whilst the rest of the time they are all creaming themselves over middlesboro, Burnley and derby.

We are on a fantastic run, history making in fact, and it barely raises an eyebrow.

One could argue that actually this is good and removes the pressure off us.

Am I the only one who hopes that this record doesn't become a millstone and detracts from the aim of winning games, not losing them.

Well I know its stating the bleeding obvious but we need to start covering some of these draws into wins - at the moment we've won 11 and drawn 9. Imagine if we remained undefeated throughout the season but lost out on promotion in the play-offs???

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
One would think so, with hindsight he should have taken Dunk off with his one yellow when it went 2-1 and thrown Huenemeier on...

In games where we surrended a one goal lead (e.g Huddersfield) people said we need to get a second goal to kill the game off.
That was fair enough but now it's three goals - what next four goals - five?
We don't seem to adapt that well when teams come at us more after they've gone behind - despite having looked relatively comfortable at 0-0.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
In games where we surrended a one goal lead (e.g Huddersfield) people said we need to get a second goal to kill the game off.
That was fair enough but now it's three goals - what next four goals - five?
We don't seem to adapt that well when teams come at us more after they've gone behind - despite having looked relatively comfortable at 0-0.

You are right at 0-0 we looked solid but at 2-0 we went to pieces. Its a problem, when we take the lead in a game the other team then 'tries harder' and puts our defence under more pressure, which we can't cope with. Its a bit like a horse that doesn't go into the lead until the final fence, we need to score first in the 90th minute to reduce the time the other team has to attack us.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
You are right at 0-0 we looked solid but at 2-0 we went to pieces. Its a problem, when we take the lead in a game the other team then 'tries harder' and puts our defence under more pressure, which we can't cope with. Its a bit like a horse that doesn't go into the lead until the final fence, we need to score first in the 90th minute to reduce the time the other team has to attack us.

A player who would help in situations like this would be Bridcutt.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As Stumpy Tim has pointed out, Wilson also stumbled over a chance when through on goal. It's hardly just Hemed. We could have killed that game and I wondered- as I also did when Charlton missed a glorious chance to make it 3-0 at the Amex recently- whether it would cost us.

Hey ho though, it's hardly terminal. QPR, sorry, I mean Austin, had their tails up in the final ten minutes or so. At that point, I was far more nervous we'd actually lose the bloody game. To hold on for the draw was, in the end, reasonably creditable.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Awful coverage from sky. The guys were creaming themselves from when the show started about Hasselbank and Austen. All the way through the game thats all they talked about and once it went 2-1 I was expecting them to charge down from the commentary position strip off and take to the field in hooped shirts - they were gagging for an equaliser. With regards to Dunk's second yellow they even said that Faulin's reaction in pushing and shoving was totally acceptable and understanding given his injury record and yet you watch any other game and a commentator will always say there's no excuse for that reaction. Noticed after the Derby game on the FL72 round up they showed a good few minutes of the game and made it look as if only one side were involved. Expect they'll be creaming themselves over Karanke on Saturday as he's Jose's mate - wonder how many times they'll mention it or the fact that Boro' are a big club who should be in the big time.

Very bizarre as I was watching sky sports news for a while before the game and they were really talking us up for a good few minutes. All four pundits on the studio were impressed with us and Chrissy H

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
As Stumpy Tim has pointed out, Wilson also stumbled over a chance when through on goal. It's hardly just Hemed. We could have killed that game and I wondered- as I also did when Charlton missed a glorious chance to make it 3-0 at the Amex recently- whether it would cost us.

Hey ho though, it's hardly terminal. QPR, sorry, I mean Austin, had their tails up in the final ten minutes or so. At that point, I was far more nervous we'd actually lose the bloody game. To hold on for the draw was, in the end, reasonably creditable.

I was thinking we would lose as well so am very glad we didn't

I really want to see that Stephens pass to Zamora at the end as well (When Bobby was offside) I know it was difficult but was sure that Stephens could have either had a shot first time or gone the other side of the defender and then had a shot. Very very easy to judge from the sofa at home

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was thinking we would lose as well so am very glad we didn't

I really want to see that Stephens pass to Zamora at the end as well (When Bobby was offside) I know it was difficult but was sure that Stephens could have either had a shot first time or gone the other side of the defender and then had a shot. Very very easy to judge from the sofa at home

When that went through to Zamora, I found myself wondering whether he'd celebrate in front of the QPR fans when he scored.

Bloody offside flag :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here