Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hemed - Marmite player

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What did WA allude to regarding a striker arriving in January, in the post match round up on the wireless?

D

Deleted member 2719

I was so frustrated with Hemed’s performance in the box today. I don’t doubt that he ‘works his socks off’ but he’s there to score goals and when given the opportunity to do so he repeatedly fluffs his lines.

I can see that there are plenty of posters who think he’s more than worth the shirt but I have to say I think he’s not nearly good enough for this league. Murray isn’t much better but he holds the ball better and he has a more mature (cynical?) approach that gets us goals from time to time. I think Hemed is a lovely guy and has been a great servant to the club but maybe it’s time to move him on.

Retiring to bunker.

What are you on about man, we won today with Hemed assisting the goal, when did Murray last assist a goal?

I have said it elsewhere before Murray is not a team player, he constantly fouls and gets caught offside, hence slowing up our play and losing possession by doing this.
Hemed is a far better option for keeping the tempo high, Baldock can do the same but doesn't tend to hold the ball so while unless it's given to his feet.
Start with Hemed and use Murray late on is the best route IMO, until we have that fast goal scoring machine.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
What are you on about man, we won today with Hemed assisting the goal, when did Murray last assist a goal?

I have said it elsewhere before Murray is not a team player, he constantly fouls and gets caught offside, hence slowing up our play and losing possession by doing this.
Hemed is a far better option for keeping the tempo high, Baldock can do the same but doesn't tend to hold the ball so while unless it's given to his feet.
Start with Hemed and use Murray late on is the best route IMO, until we have that fast goal scoring machine.

Hemed showed some pace and a bit of flair today I have not witnessed too much being an armchair fan, if only he could bury a few he'd be overtaking murray no end

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hemed's too slow for the Premier League. You're never going to change that unless someone gives him new legs and a bag full of amphetamine.

Taking that limitation in to account his work rate and commitment is excellent and he takes a better penalty than Murray. But today we saw both sides of him. The team player that contributed to the win, the pain in the a**e that makes excellent channel runs and gets in to the right place. And the slow plodder that can't finish. It was a master class in frustration.

Suttner is twice the footballer that Bong is BTW.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I loved Tomer's deft backheel in front of the East Stand.
Plenty of argy-bargy then waited a split second before sending Suttner down the wing, taking at least Watford 2 players out of action.

Sadly he was unable to pick himself up, after being kicked in the air, turn and run 20 yards into the box quicker than the already running Suttner could take 3 strides and play in an inch perfect cross.

The guy's a feckin joke. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 2719

Hemed showed some pace and a bit of flair today I have not witnessed too much being an armchair fan, if only he could bury a few he'd be overtaking murray no end

I think he will bury a few, if he is given a run in the side rather than warming the bench.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hemed's too slow for the Premier League. You're never going to change that unless someone gives him new legs and a bag full of amphetamine.

Taking that limitation in to account his work rate and commitment is excellent and he takes a better penalty than Murray. But today we saw both sides of him. The team player that contributed to the win, the pain in the a**e that makes excellent channel runs and gets in to the right place. And the slow plodder that can't finish. It was a master class in frustration.

Suttner is twice the footballer that Bong is BTW.

He can finish but has never been a 'once chance is all I need player', and he's going to get less clear cut chances now.
But I don't think there are many that would disagree with what you say, begging the question:-

'why can't he be accepted for what he is'?

The bullshite being written about what Tomer isn't is amazing.
The team absolutely ripped it up today, sure only being 1-0 is frustrating, be with the limitations we have to accept that.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Hemed had a good game today, IF he could finish he would be a £20 million striker. His work rate and combination work was a pleasure to watch. The £10million Andre gray was totally anonymous.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spend £30m on the Romanian Deportivo striker and we will be a top 10 side.....
Have you taken any interest in Andone since the window slammed shut?

DLaC are third from bottom.
He's played almost as much as Hemed, scoring 3 goals, one of which was a consolation goal today, (in a 1-3 drubbing)
Andone has only started 6 games, the last one being back 15.10.

Yet you're happy to hand over £30m for him?

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hemed had a good game today, IF he could finish he would be a £20 million striker. His work rate and combination work was a pleasure to watch. The £10million Andre gray was totally anonymous.

He was totally dominated by Dunk and Goldson who doubled up on him and got right after him. Masterful defending, the type of which Kabasele and Prödl can only watch on in admiration.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I like Hemed, and am eternally grateful for his input in our past two seasons in the championship, but that is his level. In most PL sides he'd be third choice tops. Think of any team that would start him, I think none. Thanks Tomer, you're a Brighton stalwart, but you ain't Prem quality.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I thought Hemed put in a great stint today - threw himself into it, felt he nearly ran as much as Gross in closing down balls, won loads of tackles/ high balls but felt he should have scored.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought today was a rare appearance of 'Angry Tomer' last seen v Cardiff, when he did this:-

after a game of really aggressively bullying their back four.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He can finish but has never been a 'once chance is all I need player', and he's going to get less clear cut chances now.
But I don't think there are many that would disagree with what you say, begging the question:-

'why can't he be accepted for what he is'?

The bullshite being written about what Tomer isn't is amazing.
The team absolutely ripped it up today, sure only being 1-0 is frustrating, be with the limitations we have to accept that.

He missed from 3 yards and went down massively easily when clean through because he got caught.

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with the win and he played a huge part but we need 2 new strikers to compete in this league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He missed from 3 yards and went down massively easily when clean through because he got caught.

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with the win and he played a huge part but we need 2 new strikers to compete in this league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely agree.
We knew the team needed 2 strikers back in the Summer, it's almost as if some on here have decided that as those at the very top couldn't make it happen Tomer needs to instantly become that player instead.

The fella played one of his best games for the Albion, the team got 3 flipping valuable points, and yet Tomer is shite, Jose has a bad attitude, Knocky's not up to it.
In a months time Goldson will be cack as well :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here