Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed & Knockaert's celebration

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ha - I was just doing exactly the same thing!
You were just doing their goal celebration, on your own?

Fair enough.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thank you for pointing that out. I was sitting in the east stand, south end, and saw the briefly square up to each other after the penalty, but had absolutely no idea why. Didn't look like there was too much in it, but would've been stupid to get sent off for it if the referee/linesman saw the punch.

Looks like the Leeds defender had hold of Knockaert's shirt to retain control of him. Knockaert clearly has a bit about him, and that came out as he struck the defender.

He needs to control that sort of thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You were just doing their goal celebration, on your own?

Fair enough.

iuh-54901659793.jpeg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its noticeable that there really is a genuine togetherness in the squad. When Hemed got taken out by one of those northern meatheads juuping into the tackle in the first half, Baldock was straight over in his face, shoving him in the chest, and was quickly backed up by a whole posse of team-mates as Hemed lay prone. OK, you don't want to see things taken too far in that respect and risk getting carded for it, but it showed that they stick up for each other. It looks like a close-knit group of players seemingly free of big egos. Massive part of a successful team, that is.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Its noticeable that there really is a genuine togetherness in the squad. When Hemed got taken out by one of those northern meatheads juuping into the tackle in the first half, Baldock was straight over in his face, shoving him in the chest, and was quickly backed up by a whole posse of team-mates as Hemed lay prone. OK, you don't want to see things taken too far in that respect and risk getting carded for it, but it showed that they stick up for each other. It looks like a close-knit group of players seemingly free of big egos. Massive part of a successful team, that is.
I agree but Baldock did get carded for that didn't he?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Fair play. I think it was the ring a ring of roses goal celebration back at the Withdean which gave me deep rooted hatred towards pre arranged goal celebrations.

Maybe i just need to start celebrating like the footballers do.

Just messin' - I quite like it actually as to me it shows team mates are getting on well!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Looks like the Leeds defender had hold of Knockaert's shirt to retain control of him. Knockaert clearly has a bit about him, and that came out as he struck the defender.

He needs to control that sort of thing.

I watched on the television last night and I think some folk missed Knockeart raising both his arms and doing a ghost impression as he toyed with a defender on the right wing. The defender initially took a kick at him, but gave him a right old hack after that and was booked. It was a little naughty and, although funny, suggests that his immaturity mustn't be allowed to get the better of him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It shows an artistic side to our team in using contemporary goal celebrations as a method of maintaining team morale.

Baldock's goal celebration meant more to the team than Hemed and Knockart duo celebration, in my opinion.

I just can't wait till LuaLua scores. That's when we're at our best!

Not how I saw it. He did the classic Lionel Blair 'it's a film' move, I think suggesting (knowing) that 'his' goal would be reviewed by the dubious goals panel.......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I watched on the television last night and I think some folk missed Knockeart raising both his arms and doing a ghost impression as he toyed with a defender on the right wing. The defender initially took a kick at him, but gave him a right old hack after that and was booked. It was a little naughty and, although funny, suggests that his immaturity mustn't be allowed to get the better of him.

Well he's not the only one....did you watch Stockdale's press conference on Friday ? Basically said he and the two young CBs 'piss about in training a lot and are quite immature' or words to that effect. Can imagine GG scowling at them all from a distance......

The team spirit with this lot is immense - you can see it, even in the warm up. Massive credit to CH and team in that respect, pretty sure they are employing the 'no jerks' policy - anyone that doesn't fit in won't be signed.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I love the fact they come over to us in the east lower and celebrate with us.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
Amazing, I was hoping someone had a gif of that!

May we see it many more times to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here