Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Help with kids school project

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I read somewhere recently that cats only meow at humans, not at other cats. It’s their attempt at human speech.

No idea if that’s true or utter bobbins but I like the thought of it.

Yeah I mentioned it here about a week ago or so. There is some science project in my home town, Lund, called "Melody in Human Cat Communication" or "Meowsic" for short where they are investigating different aspects of cat noises (what they mean, if they have different accents in different parts of the world etc.). They make noises like hissing and some other sounds while communicating with other cats, but meowing is aimed towards us. At some point in the future I'm sure it will be possible to find out what they are trying to say, and I'm also sure it will be quite disappointing.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks NSC
fe65cc8f2ad087f1e59ef2f59bd75906.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The snake will be disappointed with that effort. Needs to do a bit better when it comes to PR.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Cat

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Yeah I mentioned it here about a week ago or so. There is some science project in my home town, Lund, called "Melody in Human Cat Communication" or "Meowsic" for short where they are investigating different aspects of cat noises (what they mean, if they have different accents in different parts of the world etc.). They make noises like hissing and some other sounds while communicating with other cats, but meowing is aimed towards us. At some point in the future I'm sure it will be possible to find out what they are trying to say, and I'm also sure it will be quite disappointing.

Our cat does meow at us. It does NOT meow at other cats. However (and this is 100% true) it does meow at our tortoise.

Oh, and Cat btw. for lots of reasons - but mainly they are by far the best looking of any possible pets.

Rabbits can have character. But mainly don't. They do, however, sh*t all over guinea pigs as pets. Not sure how they compare in terms of taste.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The snake will be disappointed with that effort. Needs to do a bit better when it comes to PR.

The snake could offer to help tally up the chart......as long as it’s an adder.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Next project

Which of our strikers is most likely to score?

Welbeck
Maupay
Trossard
Connelly
Zeqiri
Tau
Andone
Jahandbakhsh

Please do NOT take into account minutes played / left on the bench - assume they're all playing and in their preferred position
Yes, I know it would be a bit crowded and so very hypothetical but I want to see the tally chart to find NSC's striker of choice.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here