Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help with a uni project - takes 1 minute

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Thanks. We have no intention of actually developing the product, it's just to come up with an interesting concept based on existing technology in order to pass the course!

Well i again wish you well and never rule anything out,who knows a genuine idea might emerge that's not been done yet......whats the course for out of interest...

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Thanks. We have no intention of actually developing the product, it's just to come up with an interesting concept based on existing technology in order to pass the course!

You should have gone with nano-coatings on walls, which you can then change the colour at the touch of an app.

Question 8.
How much would you be prepared to pay to have your walls aligned, treated and the nano-coating applied?
$10,000 - $100,000
$100,001 - $1m

Question 9.
Would you be concerned that your walls would have a live, low-voltage current running across them?

Etc.

:)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
In the olden days my dad used to tie us to things with wire. Did the trick but was a pain 'round Tesco if we got tangled in the trolley wheels.

I filled this in but thought it would have been handy to have a but of context on that last question. For a passive RFID sticker, I would only pay the first non-free bracket $1-$10 or whatever. But if it were an active device, which was reusable (sticker feels like a one-shotter) then I'd pay more. :)

Thanks for the feedback. That last question is more to gauge what people might be willing to spend on this type of product rather than our specific idea. If people are willing to spend more then it would be worth considering adding more features to the product.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Shouldn't cost a lot. Trackers for skiers have been around for a bit and at the moment there are adds on line for a car tracker App.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Thanks for the feedback. That last question is more to gauge what people might be willing to spend on this type of product rather than our specific idea. If people are willing to spend more then it would be worth considering adding more features to the product.

I figured it wasn't for true product development since you said it was for Uni. But your point is a bit chicken and egg, because without a better understanding of what is being offered or asked then people will likely make their own assumptions and your results may be skewed - you may end up pursuing an opportunity which turns out to be non-viable.

You can already get various wireless, GSM, RFID and Bluetooth wristbands, stickers, key rings etc to attached to your children / pets / possessions, so these things are already available for very reasonable fees, depending on what you are trying to achieve. In my industry we have used this tech in shopping trolleys to track the customer journey around our stores (and ask ourselves questions about why people hang out in the beauty section for several minutes but don't make a purchase)

I would like to request that you include in the spec, a way of shocking the child if it is active past a set time (ie: bedtime), and also if it goes 'round Ernie's house where it keeps getting nits.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I was going to ask the same thing. Sort it out @Badger, somewhat invalidates your questionnaire shirley?

It's supposed to be CAD, I think I mentioned that earlier but should have put it on the questionnaire. It doesn't matter that much though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here