Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Help the club's hotel and cancer unit planning application

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
This is 'planning'. The local authority very often try to impose it's 'preferences' and the applicant reacts by disagreeing with the demands made. With a bit of luck the councillors, who have to make the decision, will use their common sense and make a valued judgement.

My thought was that whilst the 'cancer' part of the application is to be applauded, it could appear as planning bribery, just a thought.

Akin to developers including x number of affordable houses - I wouldn't use the word bribery, rather a means of making the application more acceptable.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Anyone who bothered to read Dick Knight's book would remember the hoops he and everyone originally associated with the planning for the new stadium had to jump through. But, reading between the lines, all the way through he didn't seem to have had an application refused. I too think that there's a degree of arrogance with this, especially as the proposed hotel/clinic/car wash/whatever is horribly ugly and detracts from our beautiful stadium. The stadium is quite literally a work of art - and they want to put a concrete box in front of it. Hundreds, thousands of people fought long and hard to get the new stadium: I suggest most would be horrified by this crazy application. Some re-thinking really is necessary.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
My son has just started work at Brighton & Hove City Council and found my approval of this application on his desk this afternoon.
He tells me they've had "millions"
But then you know how kids exaggerate

Blimey, you've approved the application?

End of thread I'd say.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Am I the only one that feels uneasy about this because of the Falmer residents?

When we were all doing our bit as supporters to promote getting the stadium, I distinctly remember the residents saying ' Today a stadium, the next thing will be a hotel' ( I paraphrase).

I told that to people and I'm bloody sure that was the what The Albion promised.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

When we were all doing our bit as supporters to promote getting the stadium, I distinctly remember the residents saying ' Today a stadium, the next thing will be a hotel' ( I paraphrase).

I told that to people and I'm bloody sure that was the what The Albion promised.
No, nothing was PROMISED. There were genuinely no plans for a hotel at the time, and the albion actually were in no position to promise what future ownership would do.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
No, nothing was PROMISED. There were genuinely no plans for a hotel at the time, and the albion actually were in no position to promise what future ownership would do.

Nonsense.

The Albion said that if the stadium was built, that would be it.

When pressed by Falmer residents about further buildings, such as a hotel, The Albion said it wouldn't happen.

Check your history.

We lied .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nonsense.

The Albion said that if the stadium was built, that would be it.

When pressed by Falmer residents about further buildings, such as a hotel, The Albion said it wouldn't happen.

Check your history.

We lied .
Nonsense.

We didn't lie.

You cannot promise what future owners will decide to do. It is simply not in your gift.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

They all live in half million pound houses- my heart bleeds for them:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here