Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HELP - re bank charges

patbha

Sep 16, 2004
worthing
Got back from work to find a letter from the bank charging me £35 for insufficient funds in my account. I remember on here a thread about claiming for these outragious bank charges. Has any one still got copy of letter that they can forward to me.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just write them a letter thanking them for letting you know, and charge them £40 for it.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Everest said:
Just write them a letter thanking them for letting you know, and charge them £40 for it.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
they will not refund £35, its your responsibility to leave enough in your account for direct drbits, standing orders or cheques!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Hoggy said:
they will not refund £35, its your responsibility to leave enough in your account for direct drbits, standing orders or cheques!

They will, as it's an offence for them to make a profit on a breach of contract. Check the links out, and you will see that they can only make reasonable charges, and that the contract they try and enforce is illegal. People are winning big money back, the banks are not even going to the small claims courts as they will get stuffed and they know it.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
So even though I was a DICK and didn't have enough money in my account, I can get back the multiple 35 note charges I've accumulated over the last few years?

Brilliant!

:clap2:

It cuts both ways, you should be able to cover your payments, but 35 quid is absolutely disgusting. About time the banks had to change it.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I recently got stung for £75 from my bank for some minor overdraft breaches and was having none of it. The FSA stepped in recently claiming these bank fees were extortionate and made a recommendation that the banks and card companies charge no more than £12 a time. Sadly however a lot of banks have ignored this knowing that most customers just pay up without argument.

I tried the Indian call centre and they were shockingly unhelpful. However a quick call to my branch resulted in all the fees being waived, no need to write to anyone.

Don't ever think your case is too trivial. They've been ripping us off for years, and we are owed it all back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here