Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help please - 'We Want Falmer!' front cover photo

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
Can anyone confirm, with 100% certainty, whether that is Steve Coppell in the crowd on the front page of the book?
I am convinced it's the great man, but my brother-in-law is adamant that he's heard it's just someone who looks like him!
Surely that's Steve Coppell? I know he attended at least one pro-Falmer march on the seafront.
Thanks to anyone who can shine some light on this.

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
Can't see picture very well as on phone, but there use to be a guy in the sportsman before every game who did look like him, enough to make u look several times to make sure it wasn't him. Personally I don't miss his post match comments, very dreary!

Sent from my gadget of handheld technology

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
Checking the photo again, I think it's Coppell because it looks like Bob Booker & Derek Chapman to his right. Anyone agree?

Posted above before seeing previous replies!!! Thanks for confirming what I suspected ... should have had a bet with bro-in-law!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I saw the "Steve Coppell lookielikey in a pub on an away trip a few years back and he is a dead ringer.

The cover photo is of the 2005 march. Steve Coppell wasn't there - or at least, if he was, he didn't make himself known at the time. Roz has a huge collection of photographs that she took on the occasion and SC isn't in any of them - certainly not in any of the groups of people walking/posing with Dick Knight, Martin Perry, or the players.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The lookalikes name is Andy,he goes to a lot of games,used to be in the Sportsman pub before every game...seen him on away trips as well,splitting image of SC.....nice guy as well.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The cover photo is of the 2005 march. Steve Coppell wasn't there - or at least, if he was, he didn't make himself known at the time. Roz has a huge collection of photographs that she took on the occasion and SC isn't in any of them - certainly not in any of the groups of people walking/posing with Dick Knight, Martin Perry, or the players.
Micky Adams was there on one of the marches,he was manager of Leicester then and had a game the very next night.

Micky Adams was there on one of the marches,he was manager of Leicester then and had a game the very next night.
That was the 2004 march.

p755751455-2.jpg

p921642073-2.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Well here's 100% Steve Coppell on A march, taken by a very good friend of mine. Maybe the 2005 march, maybe another march, there's been so MANY. He's wearing the exact same clothes as the guy on the cover of the book. There's even half a Martin Perry in the photo or maybe Paul Samrah? As the bloke with the heavy suitcase said, I rest my case.

Top bloke! :bowdown:

Well here's 100% Steve Coppell on A march, taken by a very good friend of mine. Maybe the 2005 march, maybe another march, there's been so MANY. He's wearing the exact same clothes as the guy on the cover of the book. There's even half a Martin Perry in the photo or maybe Paul Samrah? As the bloke with the heavy suitcase said, I rest my case.

Top bloke! :bowdown:
That must be 2004. The clouds in the sky are the clue.

Although there's no denying it's the same clothing that is worn by the bloke on the cover of the book. Maybe I'm being wrongly advised by Roz?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looks like you might be right. But, if it's Martin Perry standing next to him, he's wearing a jacket that doesn't seem to match the one in the picture with Mark McGhee. And Paul Samrah was wearing white on the day.

Hmm...

The mystery deepens. My friend has just confirmed that the Steve Coppell photo was from the 2005 march. She can't recall who it was next to him in the photo, but it does look suspiciously like that manky anorak that Martin Perry was to wear for the next half decade! :lol:

Hmm...

The mystery deepens. My friend has just confirmed that the Steve Coppell photo was from the 2005 march. She can't recall who it was next to him in the photo, but it does look suspiciously like that manky anorak that Martin Perry was to wear for the next half decade! :lol:
I'd agree. 2005 it is (which is what I originally said about the book cover). Mr Coppell must have been travelling incognito, to avoid Roz's lens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here