Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HELP please, Circuit Board will not reset

The oven is alive and well after having a new cable attached and a new kitchen socket, it appears the bloke who put my Kitchen in 10 years ago was a bit of a cowboy.

The electrician was talking in electrician speak, when I asked him to speak to me in stupid he said, "It's dangerous"

BTW, I would highly recommend PDP Electrical in Burgess Hill.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
The oven is alive and well after having a new cable attached and a new kitchen socket, it appears the bloke who put my Kitchen in 10 years ago was a bit of a cowboy.

The electrician was talking in electrician speak, when I asked him to speak to me in stupid he said, "It's dangerous"

BTW, I would highly recommend PDP Electrical in Burgess Hill.

Seems your circuit board did a job for you there!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Son lives in Mile Oak close to the house that got hit by lightening and the strike has knackered his sky boxes and all appliances which were connected to them as well as blowing every bulb even though they were all off. Insurance won't cover the sky box damage but are taking the TV's etc away for inspection

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Probably a good 10 years ago now my house got struck by lightening while we were out.
First thing I noticed was the phone [land line] had stopped working.
Then I noticed the video recorder wouldn't switch on.
Next the dial up modem would not connect.

So I walked round to next door's to see if they were experiencing any similar issues.
I noticed on my front lawn some masonry fragments, which on closer inspection were small pieces of brick.
I looked up at the roof and could see several damaged ridge tiles at the top and an exit hole in the wall about a foot under the guttering.
went up in the loft and there were a couple of split rafters.

Insurance paid and replaced everything - why are they suggesting the sky box is not covered?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Well my mate who uses a metal dustbin lid as a sky dish, also had it struck by lightning. He's not too bothered because he said he only ever picked up a load of old rubbish anyhow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here