Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

help needed please

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Can any one that knows anything about employment law please pm me if they have the time as I really need some advice .Thank you

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
There should be enough info available to you online, I would have thought mate? If not CAB always worth a try.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
There should be enough info available to you online, I would have thought mate? If not CAB always worth a try.

have tried been very ill so finding it very hard to understand but thanks Muzzy.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Might be worth posting an idea of the specific issue concerned - employment law is quite a large area.

Get well soon! :thumbsup:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Might be worth posting an idea of the specific issue concerned - employment law is quite a large area.

Get well soon! :thumbsup:

Ok cant name who I work for but I try and make it understand sense.

Since 2006 I have had mental health issues when up against stress and spent 4 years out of work very ill.By the start of 2010 I had got better and went to work as a supervisor in a retail store.3 months ago I went for a high profile job and was offered the role but I had to get a report from my gp about my health.That report was done in secret and I have since found out my GP said not to offer me the role as it would cause my mental health issues to be exposed again.
I started in this role 6 weeks ago and really struggled I then went 4 days without sleeping last week and collasped on Friday night and was rushed to hospital where I was told I was really ill and had broked down again due to the stress of the job.I went in this morning for a meeting with my new employers and they seemed very upset and down and told me to go home and make a choice if I wanted to stay they said that an outsourced company should not of taken me own and they were invesgating why I was offered the role against my gps advice.I half lost 3 stone in weight in less than 1 month and feel so ill. My old job had gone I have 3 kids to support and just dont know what to do...... I know I can be a bit of a knob on here but in real life I am a solid nice bloke

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Since 2006 I have had mental health issues when up against stress and spent 4 years out of work very ill.By the start of 2010 I had got better and went to work as a supervisor in a retail store.3 months ago I went for a high profile job and was offered the role but I had to get a report from my gp about my health.That report was done in secret and I have since found out my GP said not to offer me the role as it would cause my mental health issues to be exposed again.
I started in this role 6 weeks ago and really struggled I then went 4 days without sleeping last week and collasped on Friday night and was rushed to hospital where I was told I was really ill and had broked down again due to the stress of the job.I went in this morning for a meeting with my new employers and they seemed very upset and down and told me to go home and make a choice if I wanted to stay they said that an outsourced company should not of taken me own and they were invesgating why I was offered the role against my gps advice.I half lost 3 stone in weight in less than 1 month and feel so ill. My old job had gone I have 3 kids to support and just dont know what to do...... I know I can be a bit of a knob on here but in real life I am a solid nice bloke

Sorry to hear about your woes. This is all quite specific and a bit of a minefield, so unless you're very lucky with a PM from an expert on NSC, I'd say Muzzy's advice re the CAB is the way to go.
It's not entirely clear what you want the advice about - i.e. do you feel that you've been by your GP, by your new employer, or not feel wronged by anyone & just looking for some general advice on what you should do from here?
Depression (and although you don't name it, I'd say the 'mental health issues' you mention are probaly that) can be seen as a disability, which is why your new employer is having kittens. They will worry about being seen as discriminating against someone with a disability if they let you go - particularly as the doctor's report would have flagged up the depression. If they gave you the job without reasonable support to help you succeed despite your disability, they could be exposed to all sorts of claims...

As a caveat, I should say that I am no expert. This advice is based on what I was told by my HR Manager when one of my staff was signed off sick for stress - she checked with an employment lawyer and gave me advice on what to do.

This all adds up now - didn't you post about not being able to sleep the other day? Stress is a f*****r for wrecking sleep and not easily solved so you have my sympathy on that one (I've had more than my share of work stress-realted sleepless nights!). Try as hard as you can to keep a decent routine - eat as healthily as you can, leave off the booze (and caffeine) as much as you can, get plenty of exercise (being physically tired will help and the hormones released will reduce your stress) and (this sounds like the simplest thing, but clearly isn't) try not to let evrything get on top of you - write a list or a plan so you can tick things off and feel like you're making progress. Whether it's making an appointment with the CAB, or meeting up with friends for advice/support, it will all help and making lists of things has always helped stop swirling around my head so I can actually get some sleep. Remember that you got back on track before, so you can do it again.

I wish you well - you're not alone in being a bit of a knob on here, but like (most of?) the others, I imagine you're a decent chap when not behind a keyboard!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

Hope you get better soon mate

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Good luck with it all mate.....

Health is more important than money although I do understand that bills and food have to come into the equasion. I'm sure your family would prefer you to be healthy and happy. I hope someone can advise you on here, if not then either try the CAB or contact a solicitor that will give you a 30 minute free consultation.

Hope this helps mate and good luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here