Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help needed, palace/mother in law dilemma

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Make a declaration to family and friends at the beginning of season that you do NOT under any circumstances attend,Weddings,Christenings,Funerals,dinners, if they clash with the Albion matches....it works,believe me. If it does fail,fall back on plan 2 and go to 8ACE's brilliant suggestion.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
My wife keeps fecking booking me up on match days, I have missed Bristol, Bolton and hull so far, I bet she goes into labour on the last day of the season :D

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Take them both up the Amex?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would be very easy to give up a lot just to take the 'victory' of getting to the game.
That's BS, wife is being well out out order, dig your heels in and tell her how you feel, what it means, show her the table.

Failing that go over her head to the MiL, I doubt she's too bothered about you being there anyway, she will give you the pass.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My wife keeps fecking booking me up on match days, I have missed Bristol, Bolton and hull so far, I bet she goes into labour on the last day of the season :D

Well grow a back bone and tell her to sod off.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You say its the mother in law. So what's the problem she's not your mum. Other half can go out with her mum you go to football

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
slowly explain to her what it means to u - how it makes you feel - the history - also tell her the M-in-L meal can be moved but the game cant.

probably a "power control" dynamic - women love these games....they put everything on the scale of "how much do you love me."

since being single i have realised all the men in relationships have to spend so much energy on the girls family.

or plan b.....

tell her to do one, your the man and some stupid meal with her crow of a mother is actually a reason to go out - even if there was no football match - and as a wife she has no right to take away bedroom action - because if she does you will give it to someone else who respects you as a man.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Just say "I'm going to the match. I'm sorry you can't understand how important it is to me. If you are still going to be in a mood about this when I get back we will have to think about where this marriage is going."

I've stolen this line verbatim from a good friend of mine who kept getting grief from the missus about going to play cricket. When he returned some hours later... dinner on table, blowjob for desert, 2 years later and the issue has yet to be raised again. Can't guarantee the same outcome but you cannot keep going how you are so its time to roll the dice.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So the wife has only gone and invited her mother for a late mothers day meal. We aren't around on the actual day.So even though I told her it's CRYSTAL PALACE she's adamant it doesn't matter as its ONLY a football match. Any advice will be v much appreciated as if I wasnt to be at the meal the threat of a bedroom action ban is likely to happen!!!! OVER TO THE GOOD FOLK OF NSC.

Sorry but :safeway: . This is P***** . Man up, lose the bedroom action and get yourself to the match!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here