Help needed, palace/mother in law dilemma

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can't you reschedule the meal for a week later ?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Mothering Sunday is March 10th, Palace is March 17th. I know you said late mothers day meal but blimey man, that is 7 days later! Tell her we don't have a game on March 10th (Mother's Day), so you can make that day and any of the next 6 or previous 8 days. If she won't budge then you need to get rid!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
rddigs24, we're interested to know how this was resolved and whether or not you followed the good NSC advice and put your foot down?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Mothering Sunday is March 10th, Palace is March 17th. I know you said late mothers day meal but blimey man, that is 7 days later! Tell her we don't have a game on March 10th (Mother's Day), so you can make that day and any of the next 6 or previous 8 days. If she won't budge then you need to get rid!

This.
I bet the spiteful cow has done it on purpose anyway. Bugger the bedroom action, watching Palace get beaten far outweighs a duty that you have to perform every so often.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So the wife has only gone and invited her mother for a late mothers day meal. We aren't around on the actual day.So even though I told her it's CRYSTAL PALACE she's adamant it doesn't matter as its ONLY a football match. Any advice will be v much appreciated as if I wasnt to be at the meal the threat of a bedroom action ban is likely to happen!!!! OVER TO THE GOOD FOLK OF NSC.

For most of the season she MIGHT have a point, but this is Palace we are talking about. If Mothers Day can be moved once, then it can be moved again. Palace games will not happen every season, Mothers Day will.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
So the wife has only gone and invited her mother for a late mothers day meal. We aren't around on the actual day.So even though I told her it's CRYSTAL PALACE she's adamant it doesn't matter as its ONLY a football match. Any advice will be v much appreciated as if I wasnt to be at the meal the threat of a bedroom action ban is likely to happen!!!! OVER TO THE GOOD FOLK OF NSC.

You have sex with your wife?

Go to the game.

Wank until bedroom privilages are restored, this should soon enough, unless you are rubbish.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Thanks to everyone for all the advice and comments! The outcome is that we are off for a TOBY CARVERY on the Saturday night. Though the mother in law whinged to high heaven as she is going to miss casualty(no sky plus). The alternative suggestion I was given was to get a ticket to SOUTHAMPTON V LIVERPOOL on the SATURDAY as we live near ST MARY'S. ( Seriously). I guess I'll have to wait to see if I get my end away before the palace game. Which I'm definitely going to!!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

It's her mother. She can have dinner with her and you can head to the match.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
thanks to everyone for all the advice and comments! The outcome is that we are off for a toby carvery on the saturday night. Though the mother in law whinged to high heaven as she is going to miss casualty(no sky plus). The alternative suggestion i was given was to get a ticket to southampton v liverpool on the saturday as we live near st mary's. ( seriously). I guess i'll have to wait to see if i get my end away before the palace game. Which i'm definitely going to!!!
see you there

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Thanks to everyone for all the advice and comments! The outcome is that we are off for a TOBY CARVERY on the Saturday night. Though the mother in law whinged to high heaven as she is going to miss casualty(no sky plus). The alternative suggestion I was given was to get a ticket to SOUTHAMPTON V LIVERPOOL on the SATURDAY as we live near ST MARY'S. ( Seriously). I guess I'll have to wait to see if I get my end away before the palace game. Which I'm definitely going to!!!

"mother in law whinged to high heaven"....... i hope it's not like mother like daughter. Still "Which I'm definitely going to!!![/QUOTE]".......glad your going to get your end away before the game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The alternative suggestion I was given was to get a ticket to SOUTHAMPTON V LIVERPOOL on the SATURDAY as we live near ST MARY'S. ( Seriously).
:eek: Who made that suggestion? If it was the MIL, ok, but if that was your wife, it really is time to cut your losses and move on.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
:eek: Who made that suggestion? If it was the MIL, ok, but if that was your wife, it really is time to cut your losses and move on.

Fortunately it was the mother in law. There is zero chance of me visiting THAT ground unless the ALBION are playing there!!

el punal

It'll cost you, but why not book a meal at the East Stand Brasserie, food and footie - kill two birds with one stone. And . . . the mother-in-law will love you! :drink:

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011

Rohipnal for the both of them, go to match and when they come round tell them what a loverly meal it was and your glad you chose the MIL instead of going to a silly football match. You will be a god in both there eyes who knows you might get to have both of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports