Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help Needed as Vulnerable people lose hot meals at Brighton Council day Centre

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Sorry I misread the lack of feeling on here. Brighton Council is famous for wasting money irrespective of what budget it comes from. I mistakenly thought that somebody might like to send an email as a small protest to help vulnerable people. Yes I should wake up. Wake up to clever words from others but not try to do anything because it is pointless. Yes, we do not want to pay more because we want the high amount we do pay to be used wisely and not for their own personal warped ideas from traffic calming sheep to transgender toilets.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Just to clarify: I never said don't bother trying to do anything because it is pointless but I clearly think some perspective and recognition of context is needed.

In this instance it appears the council are seeking to contribute to required budget savings in adult services by closing a costly on site kitchen in a day service. If this is one of the prices to be paid to keep the service running (assuming occupancy / demand for the service warrants it) then I'm afraid it's relatively minor in the greater scheme of things. In addition I remain unconvinced that hot meals may not be available from an alternative source. Services will not be retained or survive unless they and those in them acknowledge some unpalatable truths and embrace change. Sorry - but there it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here