Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Help me with a design choice...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
So my new movie project is called Six Years Gone and is about a missing child.

Which of these two (if in thumbnail on Netflix form) would be more likely to pique your interest. Two very different styles - one annoying decision!

A.
wall-poster-ida.png

B.
1920x1080.png

Thanks NSC.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
So my new movie project is called Six Years Gone and is about a missing child.

Which of these two (if in thumbnail on Netflix form) would be more likely to pique your interest. Two very different styles - one annoying decision!

A.
View attachment 145167

B.
View attachment 145168

Thanks NSC.

A for me. Both are nicely designed, but based on what little I know of the movie (about a missing child) option A seems to better capture the essence - it’s a child’s face on two missing child posters. If there’s a meaning behind option B, I’m too thick to have spotted it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They really give me different vibes.

The first one makes me think it is some kind of "missing person" crime series thing, while the one below feels like it could be some love drama.

The first one is more original and would stand out more but when just glancing quickly my eyes read the title in the second picture quicker (no clue if that is a good or a bad thing).

Overall I'd go with option A

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Depends on film, context etc.

A- split photo cracked background wall, conjures an image of a probably failed desperate search.

B - not sure why one side is black and photo the other side, hands reaching out to each other nearly touching, makes me think mother daughter separated.

A intrigues me more.

Probably not what you wanted to hear

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
They really give me different vibes.

The first one makes me think it is some kind of "missing person" crime series thing, while the one below feels like it could be some love drama.

The first one is more original and would stand out more but when just glancing quickly my eyes read the title in the second picture quicker (no clue if that is a good or a bad thing).

Overall I'd go with option A

It's funny. I am so close to it I hadn't even considered it may look like a romance!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
A for me. Both are nicely designed, but based on what little I know of the movie (about a missing child) option A seems to better capture the essence - it’s a child’s face on two missing child posters. If there’s a meaning behind option B, I’m too thick to have spotted it.

A) looks like a murder enquiry, B) looks like a romance.

A, agreeing with both the above.
It'd also get more clicks on Netflix, for example.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Depends on film, context etc.

A- split photo cracked background wall, conjures an image of a probably failed desperate search.

B - not sure why one side is black and photo the other side, hands reaching out to each other nearly touching, makes me think mother daughter separated.

A intrigues me more.

Probably not what you wanted to hear

No, that's great. I am 50/50 so all thoughts are welcome!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A.

Catches the eye more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here