Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help from my fellow NSC'ers! For my daughters Prom!

My Daughters prom will be at the Amex in early July.

Looking for transportation to get her from Coldean to the Amex, but something to make an impact or even just be cool.

Does anyone have a classic old car, or fire engine or military vehicle or something funky that I could borrow, or you could take her for me?

Cheers

Steve

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
* Waits for Danny Seagull *

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Prom? This is Britain - it's a school disco.
If you do insist on indulging in one of our american cousins crass cock waving conspicuous consumption celebrations then I recommend (genuinely despite the fact I abhor Prom) contacting an undertaker. Funerals tend to be daytime affairs so you should be able to get a cheap hearse. Unusual and Emo and all that twilight bollocks. Maybe we should scratch that, there could be a whole fleet of them.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
She can ride me there :facepalm:

I'll get my coat

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Prom? This is Britain - it's a school disco.
If you do insist on indulging in one of our american cousins crass cock waving conspicuous consumption celebrations then I recommend (genuinely despite the fact I abhor Prom) contacting an undertaker. Funerals tend to be daytime affairs so you should be able to get a cheap hearse. Unusual and Emo and all that twilight bollocks. Maybe we should scratch that, there could be a whole fleet of them.

She could appear from within a coffin. I like it!

I know I work in a bus garage, but is hardly anything that will make an impact!

And to Jackanada - mate, I couldnt agree more, I remember when it was your end or school, school disco. Bit of music, turn up when you wanted leave when you wanted and had a laugh. But thats not the way it is now, they have big lush parties etc, and as much as I am not a fan, I want my daughter to enjoy herself, and do not want her to be given aload of attitude from people, because I dont agree with it and am an old fart.

So if anyone actually has a helpful suggestion or has a cool vehicle then let me know.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
When I did it we got a Limo between about 8 of us, most of 'unique' things were way too expensive and lets face it, how many 15/16 year olds (I'm assuming this is her age) have been in Limo's before? I know I hadn't.

Have you asked her what she wopuld like and what her friends are travelling in?

Well I am in Brighton Mini Club, and before we have done convoys on Mini's for people, but although she would be happy to go in one, her friends dont want to and have all started to organise there own things, so thought I would try and find something different for her.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Get her a POGO STICK.

razor-airgo-pogo-stick.jpg

*Hopes somebody can make a penis joke out of this idea*

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Hi Steve

I work for a Supercar rental and leasing company, currently doing some brokering along the south Coast and advertising within the Albion team and friends of the Albion etc.

Recently Rented Gary Dicker himself a Porshce 911 turbo for the weekend!

Would happily help you out as a fellow Brighton fan.

Will PM my mobile number

cheers
JB

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
When I did it we got a Limo between about 8 of us, most of 'unique' things were way too expensive and lets face it, how many 15/16 year olds (I'm assuming this is her age) have been in Limo's before? I know I hadn't.

Have you asked her what she wopuld like and what her friends are travelling in?

For my daughter's prom I rented a fantastic looking stretch limo: white, lights on the doors, chauffeur. For 8 of them, it was reasonable value, £40 each, there and back. What a fantastic occasion, they were so excited, waiting in the garden in their dresses, photos galore, couldn't wait to get that first sip of alcohol free champagne and hang out of the windows as the car did a couple of laps of the town centre before arriving in superb style for the night of their lives.
Oh: one thing I didn't mention: the car didn't turn up. The limo company didn't phone us to tell us. When, 20 minutes late, we called them, they said it had been double booked. So the girls were piled into 2 Ford Galaxies and sped unceremoniously to their prom. Limo companies, don't ya love `em.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Get Adam El Abd to give here a piggy back there.........that would be unique

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Hire a giant pumpkin, then all she needs are two people dressing up as her ugly step-sisters and you have a fairy-tale prom night!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
as its only coldean to the amex tell her to walk...the fresh air and exercise will do her good!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here