Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help Chris Hughton : Who would you sell and sign?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
We really need to have permanent scouts in Europe - particularly in Spain, France, Italy and Germany - it is not beyond the realm of possibility to uncover another gem like Ulloa. The English transfer market is far too intense and overpriced.

I am, and being some sort of martyr prepared to take this job on for only a modest salary. :cool:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because we can get a good fee for Dunk, fund a more experienced replacement, and have cash to spare to strengthen other areas.

That's what we thought would happen with the Ulloa, Buckley and Bridcutt money.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Why the fixation with signing Elliott Bennett? Has suffered a serious knee injury and while on loan here looked a pale imitation of the player who starred previously for the Albion. No coincidence Norwich were happy to farm him out. You can also add Zamora to the list.

Really, Albion need to look forward and hunt down the up and coming players who will fight for promotion - not become a cash cow for injury-plagued former stars.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
We need big changes to stand a chance of being top 6 next season. The only part of the field I'm happy with is central midfield with Kayal/Ince/Stephens.

I'd sign;

A goalkeeper

2 x central defenders
Right back
Left back

Att midfielder
Right winger
Left winger

3 strikers

Completely laughable anyone suggesting we will get £5million for Dunk.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Players I suggest the club may look at:

Rubén Reid - Plymouth
Liam Henderson - rochdale
Joe Garner - Preston ( if they don't get promoted)
Tom Clark - Preston (. " )
Jed Wallace - Portsmouth
Ben Coker - Southend
Matt Grimes - Swansea
Michiel Kramer - ADO Den Haag

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Henri Lansbury is Prem bound
I would go after;

Lewis McGuggan or Guediora (watford no 5) as attacking midfielder
Jed Wallace Portsmouth right midfield
Essou Akoto left back
Jamie O Hara left midfield
Moses Obadajo Brentford right back
Bassong Norwich CB
Shola Ameobi or BZ striker

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I don't get all these people who don't think Zamora wouldn't do well in The Championship. He's not a 20 goal a season striker but he'd be an excellent signing in the Jason Roberts/ Kevin Philips mould. Not only would he score some goals but his all round play and experience would benefit the team particularly other younger strikers. If we we can, we should.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I would also have a good look at some of Brentford's players if they don't get promoted

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Henri Lansbury is Prem bound
I would go after;

Lewis McGuggan or Guediora (watford no 5) as attacking midfielder
Jed Wallace Portsmouth right midfield
Essou Akoto left back
Jamie O Hara left midfield
Moses Obadajo Brentford right back
Bassong Norwich CB
Shola Ameobi or BZ striker

Guediora is actually a Palarse player I believe

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Personally I'd get in a whole new team bar. Kayal, Ince and March. But that's my choice if I was manager.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We need big changes to stand a chance of being top 6 next season. The only part of the field I'm happy with is central midfield with Kayal/Ince/Stephens.

I'd sign;

A goalkeeper

2 x central defenders
Right back
Left back

Att midfielder
Right winger
Left winger

3 strikers

Completely laughable anyone suggesting we will get £5million for Dunk.

Oh dear! - we'd have to sell Dunk for more like £15M to do all that! Ain't gonna happen ..........

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nobody. Well not until 1st September anyway. A squad of 8 deep and some promising youth players is perfectly adequate for kick off, especially if established Championship players are going to ask for nearly twice the national minimum wage.

Then I think he should sign Doncaster's highest scorer and six loan signings on 3-month deals, ideally from fellow Championship pay-roles where they're not deemed good enough for their own squads and don't give a toss about the Albion.

Then after that, someone should drop Trevor Burke's wanky moneyball spreadsheet in the recycle bin.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
He's going to be busy I feel.

Now Ball'muff are promoted, Kermorgant.
Charlton forward Vetokele.
Possibly Pompey midfielder Jed Wallce or Max Power from Tranmere.
Waddington from Blackpool looks a certainty
+ LB - but not one on loan!
+ CB
+ Creative Midfielder (Tex?)
+ RW (hopefully not Elliott Bennett, but somebody like Moses Obadajo or Lewis McGuggan would be great)
+ RB if Calderon doesn't sign his contract

I wouldn't bring back any of the loan players, with the exception of Tex (but only if the price was right). Perhaps bring in a premiership youngster upfront on loan.

I'd also look to off load Holla, Fenelon and O'Grady.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Adam Le Fondre... Not wanted by Cardiff, currently on loan to Bolton. His goalscoring record is pretty good apart from at Cardiff. Still only 28. Scored 8 in 15 appearance for Bolton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here