Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help - anyone got a long ladder and a head for heights in return for cash?!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Is there a safe way to do this then?

Or is everyone else taking these clearly stupid risks?

Is going up ladders a thing of the past?

No. That would be plain silly. You just need to make sure you have appointed sufficient safety officers, completed a personal Dynamic Risk Assessment, have an officer of suitable rank available to undertake a Risk Severity Matrix if the ladder is likely to pitched for a duration exceeding 20 minutes, donned a 'working at height' fall restraint harness and exhausted all practical and possible alternatives to working off a ladder.

"Yes mate! I know your bleedin' house is burning down, but I'm doing the effing paper work first, alright? Got a pen?"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When i was driving home this evening I noticed a fair few houses with Christmas lights on roofs and on guttering, I was wondering if anyone had ever fallen off a ladder when putting up lights.

8f58bb7ec81af5213eaa2facd0447baf.jpg

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I've underestimated the Christmas light task and can't put them where we want them.

Anyone out there who wants a bit of cash for getting them up please message me.

Would rather give some cash to a Brighton fan.

I thought the title of this post was a bit strange given the name of the poster who started it. Thought it was a wind up - Giraffe asking if anyone has a head for heights

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Is there a safe way to do this then?

Or is everyone else taking these clearly stupid risks?

Is going up ladders a thing of the past?

Using a ladder is fine, read this it might help, http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg455.pdf I appreciate there will be many stories of accidents with ladders involved, but the same can be said for many things, like anything, used sensibly, take no stupid risks and there is no reason to worry, in my opinion.

Jan 30, 2008
Hope is ok now mate.
I came off a ladder that slipped, luckily I landed on my feet. Some silly old git asked me to help him with a chimney cowl, he put the ladder up and I fell off. Lesson learned as I should have checked it, thought it was ok as he was already on the roof.

When i was driving home this evening I noticed a fair few houses with Christmas lights on roofs and on guttering, I was wondering if anyone had ever fallen off a ladder when putting up lights.
he landed on his feet but compressed his spine, he was lucky ,spent some time in hospital, this was a few years back
regards
DR

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'll do it if you give me a bottle of bourbon to drink first. I don't care how high it is when I'm really pissed. I can recommend this method to anyone with a fear of heights. It's like magic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here