Hello. It's good to be back

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
For whatever reason, the firewall on my PC isn't working this morning and I can get on this messageboard for about the first time in two months. Have been keeping abreast of the Albion on the official site and Brightonfans.com but boy have I missed my NSC. No doubt this will only be a temporary glimpse of NSC but hey, who cares.

What's been happening then? Any new daft adjectives or phrases I should know about? What's the general view about how the team are performing. Why are we all of a sudden winning away but failing at home?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Hey Jambo, good to see you back, nice result against Braga, and I hope some of the UEFA league games are on BBC instead of bloomin Setanta !!

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
can't wait for the group games. Currently trying to organise a trip to Feyenoord but tickets are scarce. We're only getting 2500. Also looking forward to Sunderland at the end of the month.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I went to see Aberdeen in Rotterdam about 12 years ago, the worst violence I have ever seen before a game, and the dutch always seem such nice people

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Jambo Seagull said:
For whatever reason, the firewall on my PC isn't working this morning and I can get on this messageboard for about the first time in two months. Have been keeping abreast of the Albion on the official site and Brightonfans.com but boy have I missed my NSC. No doubt this will only be a temporary glimpse of NSC but hey, who cares.

What's been happening then? Any new daft adjectives or phrases I should know about? What's the general view about how the team are performing. Why are we all of a sudden winning away but failing at home?

In brief:
We got rid of Coppell … he’s now managing some third rate side (can’t remember their name).
We replaced him with this Glaswegian guy called Mark McGhee, who’s tuning out to be alright. So much so that he got us through to the Play-Off finals in Cardiff, where we beat Bristol City 1-0. That wee school boy Leon Knight (he may have been signed when you were last on NSC) scored the only goal from the spot.
We all looked forward to playing Leeds United, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Leicester City – who were all relegated from the Premiership.
Spent the summer trying out a whole bunch of 6’7” PLUS strikers that Mr McGhee had discovered playing in various foreign haunts. Eventually settled for an enormous 7’3” beanpole called Molango or something. Though few of us have actually seen him play, because he was dropped after the first few matches.
Now Virgo (remember him?) is playing striker alongside the schoolboy and doing rather well - so much so that today he has been named European Footballer of the Year or something.
But McGhee (or McGoo as some people now call him) did buy a string of rather good midfielders – a certain Edwina Currie being the pick of them … but also dusky Charlie Nicolas is also quite good.
Then when the season kicked off, we were all quite shocked to find that Withdean had been moved in the summer hols to Buenes Aires and the whole Albion team replaced by Argentine look-a-likes. The deception was further compounded when just last week we took delivery of the Argentine second team, complete with change strip.
On the pitch we are doing quite well – 4 away wins already and we have stuffed the likes of Leicester City and Notts Forest along the way. Our home form is now a replica of last season’s away form, in that we can’t win! Not helped probably by the lack of atmosphere at Withdean – and its great distance from Sussex!
Finally to confuse us all even more, Withdean is now called Palookaville, which makes us wonder whether our team is really South American at all … sounds much more like Lichtenstein to me!
If you need any more help, please PM Safeway or Crabtree.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
:lolol: good stuff OTLW, not sure what help I can give except the mighty Cowdenbeath :bowdown: won on saturday!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
fatbadger said:
Now, those are two words I never thought I would see together - unless the words "kicking", "suffered" and "by" were inserted between them.

and the words Blue Brazil!!!!
:lolol:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
So Jambo, what do you think of your new Lithuanian owner ??

I find it rather amusing that the odious Marrs turned his money down as if they were somehow all above accepting money from someone with a dubious past !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports