Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hello and well done

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
It's all very well wanting rid but have you got anybody waiting in the wings to take you over?

No disrespect Candles, but your average attendances ate pretty low. Surely you must be operating on or near to a loss?

Your location so close to the London big boys is a major disadvantage for you. Is there still talk of a relocation to Essex where I believe most of your fans live? That would be a shame - I love.going.to Brisbane Road.

The competition we have has always been there so it's not really an excuse. You have to start with hearns vision for orient and it's never been anymore than a pension fund. Every penny he has put in he has taken out. Every bit of land he has sold of from the ground he has sold it to himself first and then he has sold it on, depriving us of the profit. When he redveloped the old west stand he turned it into an office block and guess who owns it? Its always Hearn first, pension second, club if we have to. Without a vision for the future fans lose heart and drop away. Slowly slowly bit by bit. Drip drip. That's how he is getting away with it without causing too much of a fuss.

Orient will lose Brisbane Road in the next 5 years I have no doubt about that. The previous deal had us in a groud with a peppercorn rent. In two years Hearn has us paying him £200k a year. We can't afford it now so won't afford it then and he knows it. We will end up ground sharing locally. Perhaps will will merge like the daggers did (it won't be orient then for me) or perhaps we will move to a bright new future somewhere else. I don't know but without a ground we can't attract a serious investor so it looks dodgy.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I read an article in the programme about you wanting to inherit the olympic stadium, but West Ham or Spurs are going for it as well and it seems likely one of the two will get it. If they do, that is farcical, they both have good enough grounds as it is...

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
I read an article in the programme about you wanting to inherit the olympic stadium, but West Ham or Spurs are going for it as well and it seems likely one of the two will get it. If they do, that is farcical, they both have good enough grounds as it is...

Hearn talked about it but we never put in an offer so it's typical Hearn bollocks. It achieves the following: 1, he gets an excuse to be on tv and radio talking about it. 2, he then gets to appear to e the injured party when the big boys bully him out of the way. 3, he can say he tried to find us a ground.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hearn talked about it but we never put in an offer so it's typical Hearn bollocks. It achieves the following: 1, he gets an excuse to be on tv and radio talking about it. 2, he then gets to appear to e the injured party when the big boys bully him out of the way. 3, he can say he tried to find us a ground.

Ah right... I don't see what you have to lose though, surely the ground would be free and you're the closest club to it anyway?

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Ah right... I don't see what you have to lose though, surely the ground would be free and you're the closest club to it anyway?

I think it's not viable for us given it's capacity and given our gate. Even in a shinny new stad we would get no more than 10,000 so the atmosphere would be terrible. If we had a vision for the premiership in ten years then having this stad would be a statement of intent bit we don't under this regime.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think it's not viable for us given it's capacity and given our gate. Even in a shinny new stad we would get no more than 10,000 so the atmosphere would be terrible. If we had a vision for the premiership in ten years then having this stad would be a statement of intent bit we don't under this regime.

I suppose... I thought that you might have a chance though because only 25,000 seats are permanant and you would certainly get more supporters if you had a nicer stadium

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
I suppose... I thought that you might have a chance though because only 25,000 seats are permanant and you would certainly get more supporters if you had a nicer stadium

Like any business we need a vision. If we know that it's not the premiership then we could have made a pitch based on Leyton orient AFC - putting the football club at the heart of the athletics. With athletic events, gigs etc it could have been made to work. The running track would be a problem for footy fans but lazio and Roma seem to cope. AFC Leyton Orient would have legs.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Very magnanimous of you Mr Candles.
How many rival fans would come on here so soon after a battering and take the flak?
:thumbsup:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Like any business we need a vision. If we know that it's not the premiership then we could have made a pitch based on Leyton orient AFC - putting the football club at the heart of the athletics. With athletic events, gigs etc it could have been made to work. The running track would be a problem for footy fans but lazio and Roma seem to cope. AFC Leyton Orient would have legs.

With a lot of the banter you have given i thought you were a bit of an arse but you talk sense about the plight of the football club you follow and it mirrors the plight of a lot of clubs in trouble.......and we as Brighton fans can relate to that. Good luck to your club and its genuine fans

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
With a lot of the banter you have given i thought you were a bit of an arse but you talk sense about the plight of the football club you follow and it mirrors the plight of a lot of clubs in trouble.......and we as Brighton fans can relate to that. Good luck to your club and its genuine fans

Thanks. I think that football in England will undergo radical changes in the nxt 25 years. The gap between rich and poor is growing. Personally, other than follow the O's I have fallen out of love with the game. I hate the premiership. I hate footballers. I hate the media who fawn over them and treat them as gods. I hate the plastic hanger on fans who switch allegiance (surely the highest form of apostasy). I have gone back to my second love, cricket where there at least seems to be some remnants of sportsmanship.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
The competition we have has always been there so it's not really an excuse. You have to start with hearns vision for orient and it's never been anymore than a pension fund. Every penny he has put in he has taken out. Every bit of land he has sold of from the ground he has sold it to himself first and then he has sold it on, depriving us of the profit. When he redveloped the old west stand he turned it into an office block and guess who owns it? Its always Hearn first, pension second, club if we have to. Without a vision for the future fans lose heart and drop away. Slowly slowly bit by bit. Drip drip. That's how he is getting away with it without causing too much of a fuss.

Orient will lose Brisbane Road in the next 5 years I have no doubt about that. The previous deal had us in a groud with a peppercorn rent. In two years Hearn has us paying him £200k a year. We can't afford it now so won't afford it then and he knows it. We will end up ground sharing locally. Perhaps will will merge like the daggers did (it won't be orient then for me) or perhaps we will move to a bright new future somewhere else. I don't know but without a ground we can't attract a serious investor so it looks dodgy.

It's terrible to watch an owner slowly chipping away at the heart of the club, using it as a means to feather their own nests and neglecting the needs of the club and its fans. It would be a real shame to lose Brisbane Road too.

Hope you manage to rid yourselves of Hearse and find a real fan who is wealthy enough to.run the club on a sound.financial footing with realistic ambitions for the future.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
It's terrible to watch an owner slowly chipping away at the heart of the club, using it as a means to feather their own nests and neglecting the needs of the club and its fans. It would be a real shame to lose Brisbane Road too.

Hope you manage to rid yourselves of Hearse and find a real fan who is wealthy enough to.run the club on a sound.financial footing with realistic ambitions for the future.

Thanks. Me too. Lloyd-webber your time is now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here