Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Heavy rain and 40mph winds forecast for game tomorrow

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Looking like a wet Paris Roubaix for the first time in a loooong time.
Maybe they should hold it every October instead :lol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm now researching whether giraffes can be blown over more easily than zebras in strong winds, as my initial thought was that it would be a good day for Big Dan Burn.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The Amex pitch hasn't been waterlogged in 11 years - they'll probably still have the sprinklers on just before KO! We've had games in really shit weather in the past and none have ever been postponed.
If you read my original post I said if we weren't at the amex it could have been called off. No chance at falmer.

I see there are some predictions of 30mm of rain which is an incredible amount !!!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
pfff, just a shower.

I rode to Chi this morning on a 60 year old scooter, still got no ****ing petrol for the car . . . had to pump a gallon out the race car last night!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I'm glad you contributed this. I had no idea that this was this weekend. That's Sunday sorted, then!

:)

There is a womens version this year for the first time. They may wish they had waited to next year to start! .

This year "The Hell Of The North" may well be the mostly aptly named race ever- torrential rain, mud, cobbles, wind, couple hundred cyclists going all out tightly packed, what could possibly go wrong!!!!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

I only heard about this yesterday (I had assumed it was cancelled this year) and my first thought was the weather!

Can't wait.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
There is a womens version this year for the first time. They may wish they had waited to next year to start! .

This year "The Hell Of The North" may well be the mostly aptly named race ever- torrential rain, mud, cobbles, wind, couple hundred cyclists going all out tightly packed, what could possibly go wrong!!!!

Having cycled those cobbles when it was dry, I would never contemplate doing so in the rain. There will be carnage.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I'd forgotten about that. Although I do remember that bell end, Tim Hodges (Hove B+B), posting a spoof photo about an hour before the rearranged game with a picture of fog. The fat prick.

If you read my original post I said if we weren't at the amex it could have been called off. No chance at falmer.

I see there are some predictions of 30mm of rain which is an incredible amount !!!

Sorry I see! I think the worst weather we've had in terms of wind and rain was that October game against Watford in 13/14 (where Watford probably should have had another goal when the ref didn't see the ball cross the line). The weather didn't seem to affect the quality of the game though. Modern pitches drain easily and I guess the stands provide a degree of sheltering from the wind.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Sorry I see! I think the worst weather we've had in terms of wind and rain was that October game against Watford in 13/14 (where Watford probably should have had another goal when the ref didn't see the ball cross the line). The weather didn't seem to affect the quality of the game though. Modern pitches drain easily and I guess the stands provide a degree of sheltering from the wind.

Although wet and windy weather tends to favour the poorer skilled teams, as it brings the better, more fluent, passing teams who play it on the deck down to their level. So Arsenal should be feeling more comfortable about the game now!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm glad you contributed this. I had no idea that this was this weekend. That's Sunday sorted, then!

:)

And Saturday too!

Finally, the first women's edition. On Saturday. Although we're not going to get full coverage of that one for some bizarre reason :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here