Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heaven

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Two old guys in the autumnal stages of life, having known each other all their lives, and both with a passion for football, having lived, played, slept football, enter into an agreement. Bill says to Bob, if you go first will you promise to come back and tell me whether they play football in heaven, and I will do the same if I go first. They both agree.

Anyway, some months later, sadly the inevitable happens and Bob passes away. About a week after the funeral, Bob is trying to get to sleep during a thunderstorm, when there is a loud bang and flash, and an image of Bill appears at the bottom of his bed.

"Hi Bob, it's me Bill". A little startled Bob says "What are you doing here?"
"I'm here to tell you about heaven as we agreed. I have some good news and some bad news. Which do you want first?"
"I'll have the good news first" says Bob
"Well, in heaven there is football like you wouldn't believe. My legs are young and strong, and I play football all day without getting tired, in front of full stadium, and thousands cheering my name. It's amazing"
"Whats the bad news then?" says Bob
"You're in the team on Saturday"

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Two old guys in the autumnal stages of life, having known each other all their lives, and both with a passion for football, having lived, played, slept football, enter into an agreement. Bill says to Bob, if you go first will you promise to come back and tell me whether they play football in heaven, and I will do the same if I go first. They both agree.

Anyway, some months later, sadly the inevitable happens and Bob passes away. About a week after the funeral, Bob is trying to get to sleep during a thunderstorm, when there is a loud bang and flash, and an image of Bill appears at the bottom of his bed.

"Hi Bob, it's me Bill". A little startled Bob says "What are you doing here?"
"I'm here to tell you about heaven as we agreed. I have some good news and some bad news. Which do you want first?"
"I'll have the good news first" says Bob
"Well, in heaven there is football like you wouldn't believe. My legs are young and strong, and I play football all day without getting tired, in front of full stadium, and thousands cheering my name. It's amazing"
"Whats the bad news then?" says Bob
"You're in the team on Saturday"

Very good-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here