Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heatwave this weekend ??

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I'm finding it a bit nippy in the Balearics. It was sunny this morning but I wish I hadn't worn shorts now.

Pumping House or Acid House?

Pumping House!

Balearic Pumping or Commercial Pumping?

Balearic Pumpin!

*if you haven't seen Kevin and Perry Go Large this will mean nothing to you

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Will The Swan be relighting the BBQ again then?

When I've had food fresh from the BBQ there it's been pretty good, out of the kitchen it doesn't seem to be as nice.

My thoughts entirely. Now we are in March I reckon it will be happening. Last home game was warm enough for sitting outside there.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The latest GFS ensemble* has for Saturday, in our area, a potential maximum of about 14C (although the spread si from about 10C to that point).

It could potentially hit 17C middle of the following week.

See here:

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=300&y=179&run=6&runpara=0&type=3&ext=1

* other models are available
Thanks PL for confirming to all that I am not nuts !!

What is the average temp for this time of the year ?

I would say that if it does get to 17c that is going to be as noticeable to us this time of the year as say reaching the high 20's in July ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thanks PL for confirming to all that I am not nuts !!

What is the average temp for this time of the year ?

I would say that if it does get to 17c that is going to be as noticeable to us this time of the year as say reaching the high 20's in July ?

When we get into March you can get some noticeably warm feeling days, as the sun's strength is increasing quite rapidly by now. I'd say about 8C is the norm down here.

Edit: Just found this link... yes about 8 or 9c as an average max.

http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Worthing/statistics.html

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
:bigwave:

peqy9a5u.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brining is a process similar to marination in which meat or poultry is soaked in brine before cooking.[2] Salt is added to cold water in a container, where the meat is soaked usually six to twelve hours. The amount of time needed to brine depends on the size of the meat. More time is needed for a large turkey compared to a broiler fryer chicken. Similarly with a large roast versus a thin cut of meat.

Brining makes cooked meat moister by hydrating the cells of its muscle tissue before cooking, via the process of osmosis, and by allowing the cells to hold on to the water while they are cooked, via the process of denaturation.[2] The brine surrounding the cells has a higher concentration of salt than the fluid within the cells, but the cell fluid has a higher concentration of other solutes.[2] This leads salt ions to diffuse into the cell, whilst the solutes in the cells cannot diffuse through the cell membranes into the brine. The increased salinity of the cell fluid causes the cell to absorb water from the brine via osmosis.[2] The salt introduced into the cell also denatures its proteins.[2] The proteins coagulate, forming a matrix that traps water molecules and holds them during cooking. This prevents the meat from dehydrating.

In many foods the additional salt is also desirable as a preservative.

Good luck wearing the trunks after that .....

This. Did it with a big chicken. Worked a treat. Try it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here