Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** Heatwave - In Walking *****

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's not officially hot until the Daily Express has published its monthly KILLER HEATWAVE front page.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Did we have the internet back then?

Supposed to hit 115 tomorrow, whatever that is in C...

Am willing to concede a year or two, when did NSC kick off then & does anyone have the 1st thread!?
Anyway it was the only way to follow the Albion games & scores when out there, so much appreciated,

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
43c would beat the UK record by over 5c, so is extremely unlikely. However, with close to record high upper air temps possibly reaching us (23-24c at 850hpa) given a cloudless day very high surface temperatures are highly likely.

7 days from Tuesday with a low of 26c can't have happened for a while, can it? 43 today & tomorrow in Seville & we'll have their air by Weds I understand
For those that like a bet July as the hottest month is Evens which looks a fair shout but the magic 100f (37.8c) is a big ask but only 4/1...any thoughts?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
7 days from Tuesday with a low of 26c can't have happened for a while, can it? 43 today & tomorrow in Seville & we'll have their air by Weds I understand
For those that like a bet July as the hottest month is Evens which looks a fair shout but the magic 100f (37.8c) is a big ask but only 4/1...any thoughts?

4 price changes on July being the hottest month in 24 hours, hope you are on from 7/4 last night to 8/13 right now.
Thurs now inc a outdoor lightening party @ 28c coming over the channel, could be fun

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm sure NSC kicked off in the late 90's. Had an awful drop down menu and wasn't very user friendly back in the day. And there were less posters.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I maybe alone, but I don't like this roasting humid weather that is expected. Trying to sleep at night with windows wide open to avoid sweating to much, and close to the sea front, strange buzzing flying insects seem to get through to my bedroom just to annoy me.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Good start, nice swim & a BBQ with a selection of Aldi''s specially selected German lager & a bottle of fizzy Chardonnay (surprisingly good)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Off to Oman on Sunday, just a light 108 degrees fahrenheit there at the mo :mad:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It's nearly 11pm here, and a positively chilly 36oC. Today's high was just 43oC, brrr. Bring on August, hoping for another 50oC jackpot to be notched on the car's dashboard.

I started using NSC back around 1996/7 I think. It was something like homepages.net/gjc as it was run by Gary Crittenden who lived on the Isle of Man.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
First proper summer weather starts tomorrow with temps around the capital topping out around 30c (86f) - in Sussex inland it will be the hottest day so far this year, probably around 28c - 30c and getting increasingly humid.

Tomorrow night you can forget about sleeping unless you have a fridge big enough to sleep in!

Wed will be hotter still and more humid with the threat of storms overnight into Thursday. On Thursday it'll be cooler (alot more cloud and possible rain around) but then the heat and potential storms come back again on Fri/Sat. There's a small chance Sat could be hotter than Wed, just a small chance at this stage.

After that it's beginning to look like a rinse and repeat with some cooler weather interspersed with hot and humid stuff. Could end up being a cracking July.

Now I've jinxed it and we'll end up cool and wet after the weekend! :lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Heatwave cancelled. BBC now forecasting 19C tops and rainy on Thursday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here