Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heathrow expansion

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Whatever happened to the Northern Powerhouse?

Won't HS2 + Third Heathrow runway just accentuate the national divide between North and South?

We are particularly sh1t when it comes to joined-up, long-term thinking. If immigration IS restricted to the tens of thousands then I can see a number of towns in parts of the UK becoming ghost towns as employment opportunities in the South-East suck in people and money.

The M25, mainly the part from A3 to M40 is and will be in the future, a quagmire of hell, including the proposed HS2 near moi.
People are already taking short cuts to avoid the traffic, within the above areas.
It's going to squeeze more chaos, into an area already at bursting point, nobody wants either of them.
The HS2 hasn't been decided yet, but already areas of land (in the Harefield area), have been prepared for the eventual decision.
There's even a bloody activist camp, set up nearby, with swampy and co in residence.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As a frequent visitor to Schiphol, if you require a hub airport why wouldn't you just fly there instead ?

What are the actual benefits to the economy (bar the airport) of having customers change to a different flight and not actually leave the airport ?

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
anyone who oppositions the new airport is a trator and should be dealt with in the tower of London as we need the bigger because it will allow us too make new trade deals with new countries and get rid of the brussels jackboot when we become great again due to exporing Marmite to teh maldives so do one lefties and tree hugging Tobys

regards
DR

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
anyone who oppositions the new airport is a trator and should be dealt with in the tower of London as we need the bigger because it will allow us too make new trade deals with new countries and get rid of the brussels jackboot when we become great again due to exporing Marmite to teh maldives so do one lefties and tree hugging Tobys

regards
DR

Yes but won’t a third runway give us increased capacity to fly in MORE foreigners? I thought that’s exactly what upsets you so?

I think you need to reconsider?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Boris. What a two faced snivelling little shit. Who would have known?

Yep - just about the most hypocritical piece of shit ever to grace Parliament. Doesn’t have the guts to stand for Tory leader or vote with his previous assertions.

I know all politicians are like this but he has taken it to new levels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Yes but won’t a third runway give us increased capacity to fly in MORE foreigners? I thought that’s exactly what upsets you so?

Climate change is predicted to become a major driver of increased global migration.
So we will be both increasing pressure on people to move, and also improving the options for them to do so.

Really not sure Mr Fairy has thought this one through.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Another victim of El Pres.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So there we have a government that rejects plan for £1.3bn tidal lagoon in Swansea to create renewable power saying its too expensive, and gives the go ahead for an airport with the same carbon footprint as the country of Portugal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here