Hearts (almost) sell Tynecastle

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just been announced - Hearts are to sell Tynecastle to a property developer and share at Murrayfield (conditional on the agreement of an EGM). Bearing in mind that a majority of shares is held by Chris Robinson (the Chief Executive, who has paid himself a fat salary while complaining at the mounting debts) and SMG (joint owners of Murrayfield) this is all a bit of a stitch-up.

Jambo will probably have more detailed and enlightening comments to post here, but I wanted to get the ball rolling.

Time for a Fans Utd day in Edinburgh!

Jambo has asked me to post the following message on his behalf (new firewall at work is keeping him of NSC during the day):

"the fight goes on! Pieman get tae f***!"

In case you can't guess, Robinson's nickname amongst Hearts fans is the Pieman, partly due to how he made his money (other than fleecing Hearts, that is)

glasgull

Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
Yep, Chris Robinson has been doing a stirling job at trying to destroy hearts (the name Bill Archer springs to mind....) Fair enough they have to do something about the ground (they can't play european games there) but to completely disregard all sensible suggestions regarding a buy and lease scheme is lunacy.
It's a miracle Craig Levein has done so well with them...

This is the fans' main site:

http://www.kickback2.co.uk/forums/

Included on there is loads of information regarding the fight against the Pieman (to begin with, see the 'sticky' thread in the General Discussion area), and also ways to financially help the 'Save Our Hearts' campaign. They are trying to buy out SMG's shareholding, putting enough shares in the hands of genuine fans to be able to block the Pieman's proposal at the EGM.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Hmmm, after the behaviour of Hearts 'Top boys' on Saturday in pelting the Aberdeen team and disabled coach with this that and the other due to the tenious link that Stewart Milne was buying Tynecastle (I believe Cala have always been the only bidder) I expect Hearts will gets lots of sympathy from the NE.

Oh not to mention the treatment of Scott Severin a player Hearts RELEASED and the sympathy levels just shoot through the roof.

Its a fact that some AFC fans on Saturday planned to demonstrate with the Hearts fans after the half hour mark, but vthe morons spoiled the day I'm afraid, I really cant see many fans in Scotland uniting behind Hearts, most have big enough problems themselves.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Dark days indeed but it's not all over. This a conditional sale agreement which both parties can pull out of. The really worrying thing is that if we don't sell the ground, unless a (Dick) knight in shining armour comes along then it is administration and the bank will take over control of the club.

Most people (myself included) are coming round to the view that the sale of Tynecastle may well be inevitable. The debts are so high that there is no way a club of our size will trade out of this. However there is a small but loud minority who have said that they will never go back if Hearts leave tynecastle.I cannot for the life of my understand this argument but there you are.

What has to happen and quickly is that the Chief Exec, (also the major shareholder) who has run the club into the ground and still charges the club a six figure annual salary must be removed. Save Our Hearts are making every effort to get rid of him by buying SMG, the media group's shares and have raised about £1.5m to date. We really need a big investor though. If the Pieman goes then we can start to look at this sensibly but unless or until he goes, we DOOMED!!!!!He has no plan B other than renting Murrayfield (great stadium but built for eggchasers - like asking QPR to play in Twickenham every week). A lot of Hearts fans realise that we are now looking at a Brighton situation - selling your home with no plan in place to find a new home.

Tynecastle will be a huge loss to Scottish football. It really is a unique stadium and will be sadly missed. If anyone gets the chance to see a game there before the end of the season they should seize it. There will be plenty of protests before the end of the season and I'll try and keep everyone who's interested uptodate.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
:nono: seen it on sky sports news. all my condolences. :nono:

sad news indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports