Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "He was eating a sandwich, while talking to a Premier League manager" - oh the humanity.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think the REAL question here is... what filling did he have in his sandwich?
I’d have stopped and asked if it was irking me. However it would never irk me so ill die wondering.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I ate a sandwich yesterday whilst talking to a traffic warden.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Can I ask why you like Wilder? I mean if you like everyone that's great, but I fail to see anyone could have a list of managers they like and those that don't, and put Wilder on the first one
Yes I do like some managers and dislike others if that’s ok. The reasons I like Wilder:

1. I really liked his Sheffield United side that came up a few years ago. They were fun to watch, tactically different and interesting.
2. Generally he’s quite likeable and usually talks sense.
3. He’s ex Brighton.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes I do like some managers and dislike others if that’s ok. The reasons I like Wilder:

1. I really liked his Sheffield United side that came up a few years ago. They were fun to watch, tactically different and interesting.
2. Generally he’s quite likeable and usually talks sense.
3. He’s ex Brighton.
The reason I dislike him:
1. He's a complete prick.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm eating some grapes and a dairylea triangle reading this.

When will the carnage end.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I've told this story on here before but seems a good time to tell it again.

Wilder's agent is (or at least was) ex Albion cult hero Peter Smith who still lives in Tunbridge Wells. Last summer they both came in my local. I was sitting at the bar when they both came in. I clocked them and did a bit of a double take. You could see Wilder thinking here we go someone is going to ask for a selfie. I said "you're Peter Smith" and started blowing a bit of smoke up his arse telling him he was one of the few good reasons for watching the Albion back when he played. We chatted for a couple of minutes until Wilder got the hump and said "c'mon Smithy, you are going to be dining out for weeks that someone has recognised you" he picked up their drinks and stormed off.

So I reckon he might be a bit of a self obsessed tosspot.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've told this story on here before but seems a good time to tell it again.

Wilder's agent is (or at least was) ex Albion cult hero Peter Smith who still lives in Tunbridge Wells. Last summer they both came in my local. I was sitting at the bar when they both came in. I clocked them and did a bit of a double take. You could see Wilder thinking here we go someone is going to ask for a selfie. I said "you're Peter Smith" and started blowing a bit of smoke up his arse telling him he was one of the few good reasons for watching the Albion back when he played. We chatted for a couple of minutes until Wilder got the hump and said "c'mon Smithy, you are going to be dining out for weeks that someone has recognised you" he picked up their drinks and stormed off.

So I reckon he might be a bit of a self obsessed tosspot.
You should've asked Wilder to take a picture of you and Smithy! Would've probably tipped him over the edge :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here