[Albion] Haydon Roberts

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Standard pushy dad hoping he can have an early retirement

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Lol. His dad is absolutely deluded. How on earth can a prem club allow them to play in our u21s for 3-4 years and then jump into a prem side without playing the lower leagues? I’d just let him to tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Just like Ben White (GF's father and his loose-tongued agent), I think young Haydon Roberts needs to have a word with someone close to him!

Shane Duffy's dad?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't know this to be the case, but if the dad thinks Roberts should be in the team, it would be good to get an opinion who should be dropped. Dunky? Webby? White?

As has been said, he's a very young lad, he won't play in the Premier League yet, quite rightly, it wouldn't do his development any good to get ripped to shreds by Aguero etc . The club know what they are doing and will be communicating the development plan to him in detail

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Aaron Connolly

Different for forwards, innit. They can be introduced by being used as tactical subs against tired legs for 20-30 mins, whereas it’s far less common that managers will mess about with defenders, particularly centre back pairings, unless it’s a real backs-to-wall situation, in which case you’d generally want an experienced head going on. Also, if a young attacking player makes an error, they get away with it; if a defender makes an error, it can result in conceding a goal.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
One of the reasons kids parents should be kept in the background when it comes down to sport, Makes you wonder how many parents have ruined good sporting opportunities?

Was reading any article on The Athletic earlier and apparently paying family members for just being family members as part of a contract is now apparently a thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
watched him play for West Hove Dynamos then Hove Park over many years. Was always central mid, dictating play. CB not his best position long term, not that tall and better options already at the Albion.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
watched him play for West Hove Dynamos then Hove Park over many years. Was always central mid, dictating play. CB not his best position long term, not that tall and better options already at the Albion.

Amazing. My son is just entering u13’s. He’s pretty good , not good enough but playing in the top youth divisions/teams. I’m seeing a lot of kids play who are trialling with the Albion or in their advanced programme. How old was Haydon when he signed?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Amazing. My son is just entering u13’s. He’s pretty good , not good enough but playing in the top youth divisions/teams. I’m seeing a lot of kids play who are trialling with the Albion or in their advanced programme. How old was Haydon when he signed?

13 (during his U-14 season).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This was Haydon's dad's response (a few minutes ago) to a tweet by NSC about Albion developing Ben White:-

View attachment 127741

Some truth in that, however, I wonder if he thinks the school his kid goes to and the mates he has are responsible for his sons character, and he is just the bloke who pays for his upkeep and has little input?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
13 (during his U-14 season).

That’s cool. My son has two mates in the academy already and two currently trialling. Really looking forward to (hopefully) watching their progress, although so few make it. His coach has two sons in older years too. One in particular has a good chance.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Was chatting to a family member of his who said that. There's a lot of interest in him and lots of talk of clubs nationwide and from Europe scouting him. His contract is up next summer. Can see him thinking there are 6 other Brighton CBs before him and taking his chances elsewhere.

I mentioned on another thread, this season could be really key in terms of how we set our stall out for our young players. With White and Molumby having great seasons last year and Alzate breaking into our first team, we have to show our young players currently in development that they will get a chance. We absolutely must give game time to White, Molumny and Alzate this season. Otherwise youngsters like Roberts probably will look at the number of CBs we have and think "I've got no chance".

Having said that, I think our process of sending players out on loan is brilliant. It's a really considered plan to get young players moving up in standard, and it appears to be working in terms of developing those palyers into quality prospects. The final peice of the jigsaw is first team football and we shouldn't be afraid to give it to those who earned their chance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I take it his dad has played and managed top level football and has his coaching badges? Or is he just one of those really irritating pushy parents?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
[A lot of people in this thread are making a lot of strong assumptions about a man based on a couple of little comments on social media.

It’s not great, but it’s not like it’s Haydon himself bitching about the club.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I take it his dad has played and managed top level football and has his coaching badges? Or is he just one of those really irritating pushy parents?

Hmm ................ let me think about that ........................

Young Haydon needs to have a word,
"Dad, please don't fvck up my career" would be a good start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here