Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Haydon Roberts to Massive?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Club reporting he has left for 'undisclosed terms'.

Assume we had an option in his contract then?
Probably we get some compensation as a youth player who we offered a contract to but he declined

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
He’s 21 so we would’ve got something for him. Is it 23 the cut off age?
I think the training compensation, which is up to 23, is just if the player goes to a club in a different country.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He’s 21 so we would’ve got something for him. Is it 23 the cut off age?
We’d only get compensation if we’ve offered him a new deal at least as good as the ones he’s currently on. If it couldn’t be agreed it would be set by tribunal.

This is different to training compensation which is paid when a player signs his first contract or moves to a new club. These are set amounts and are paid throughout the career, but only to teams the player was at up to the age of 23.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
We’d only get compensation if we’ve offered him a new deal at least as good as the ones he’s currently on. If it couldn’t be agreed it would be set by tribunal.

This is different to training compensation which is paid when a player signs his first contract or moves to a new club. These are set amounts and are paid throughout the career, but only to teams the player was at up to the age of 23.
I read that no contract was offered, so no compensation due

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But did we activate an option ? ???
I think we activated an option last year. Is it possible to have multiple years of options. I don’t know ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But he's also an U23 who we likely offered improved terms to and he refused. That likely means we're due some compensation.

So whilst it's a "free" in the sense that they didn't pay a transfer fee, they paid compensation.
Seemingly we didn’t offer him a contract

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here