• Yes - not matchfit, solid player

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • No - too many errors

Votes: 30 58.8%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd like to know where he disappeared to when he left Elphick to make at least 3 very crucial interceptions which would have left a player one on one with the keeper, if he hadn't got a toe to the ball. Not that impressed with him tbh

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'd like to know where he disappeared to and left Elphick making 3 very crucial interceptions which would have left a player one on one with the keeper. Not that impressed with him tbh

He made some pretty good interceptions himself. Notably, one fantastic header in the first half to prevent an almost certain goal.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Elphick was a class apart today in defence. However Hawkins worked hard and did well enough. I'd rather see Virgo there though but for now keep him in.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
An incredible second half by the Albion still does not hide the fact that we were very poor again in the first half........players out of position and very very poor in defence. Hawkins is far too slow, Richards was raped by their winger, and Whing obviously knows Adams has his place ear-marked for Virgo when Forster and Murray are back.......................no wonder he lacked confidence.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Did one or two very good things tonight, but think he was at fault for their second goal (didn't attack the cross). He also got skinned a couple of times. Opinions on here seem to be a bit polarised: I reckon he is steady, not shit, but no world-beater either.

Zeke Rowe's shoes

Oct 21, 2008
Bath
Made two blantant mistakes for their goals, but was solid in the second half. I'm still not entirely convinced he is 110% fit.

Will he ever be?

The matchfit thing comes up lots with Michael Owen - mainly because he is past his best.... and will only ever 80% of what he was. I wonder if the same could be said of Hawkins

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bench player at best, once we get some new forwards and/or Murray back would hope Virgo is moved back to centre back. Hawkins makes too many errors and is just not quick enough

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
In now he seems to have fully recovered from his surgery, unfortunately he was played during a time where he clearly wasnt happy with his fitness and that has caused a few doubts but the last two games him and elphick have shown they have what it takes to be a good parternship in this league.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
he was definately at fault for the second goal - but you are 100% correct, our full backs were terrible last night.
They weren't good - but I think it should also be said they were up against two of the best and quickest wingers in the league in Dyer and Gradel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports