Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Having seen the last three games...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You can also look at the Donny 2nd half and argue lucky there as well.

Think bottom line is we are a mid table side but fans expectations are still top 2

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Blackburn, plus Wigan and Bournemouth on the box, I would say that the results have flattered us somewhat and today was a reality check. I had a funny feeling that we might not find it easy tonight. Anyone agree?

I do. But, then again, some of the results at the beginning of the season didn't, and we had a fair few refereeing decisions that went against us. Over 46 games, things will even themselves out in this division, and each team will warrant their final place.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It is rather bizarre isn't it, so many people assuming he's brilliant - why? because he has a Spanish name? because he played for Barcelona? because they are desperate for him to be good so they can keep hating on Gus? Some people have convinced themselves that last season was terrible football and Oscar is inherently fabulous.

I'm of the view that Oscar is a VERY GOOD THING. This is on the basis of: the work he did with Barcelona's youth team, and the high regard he is held in at the club; his one year at Maccabi Tel Aviv, where in that one year, he turned a club that had finished sixth or eighth the previous season into league winners; and, what he's done at Brighton, especially in the way that he's adapting Poyet's possession game, by trying to inject a little bit of variety and rapidity from the rather one-paced slow way of Gus -- of course he hasn't got everything right so far (I agree that our home form has been erratic this season), but that's only to be expected.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
It's the same old Albion thing, get a shit result against a team at the bottom of the table to undo all the good work of the hard-fought glorious result against all odds the week before. Same as it ever was.

Having spoken to supporters of other teams they would say the same thing about their clubs. That's football.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Any money you like we'll put in a FAR better performance on Saturday.

If we played Real Madrid we'd give a good account of ourselves, probably lose 3 or 4-2 but play some good football, but put us infront of AFC Woking or Newport and we will be shit every time.

Good call.:thumbup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
While we were playing nowhere near our best, this still, for me, highlights how crazy this league is. Seemingly anyone can beat anyone, and it's been that way for a while - remember the Christmas period a couple of years ago when we lost to Cov (bottom) on Boxing Day, and then beat Saints (top) a few days later?

Check the form table: Watford are bottom; Bolton (18th in the league) are fourth; even Yeovil have put a run together and are currently the 14th best team over the past eight games.

While so many aspects of last night baffled me, we are still sixth in the form table, so I don't think it is any reason to push the panic button just yet. Players to come back, move the out of form players to the bench and get them gelling and I reckon we'll be OK.

And if not? It's only football.

*Cough*

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Blackburn, plus Wigan and Bournemouth on the box, I would say that the results have flattered us somewhat and today was a reality check. I had a funny feeling that we might not find it easy tonight. Anyone agree?

So, Tuesday was a reality check. What was yesterday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here