Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Having building work done

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Fair point, I'll remind you of that the next time you try your attemp at humour shall I?

In all fairness I did try to see the humorous side of it when I saw it this morning, as there was no obvious sign of it being meant as humour I just saw it as another cheap swipe at a mods / my comment.

My apologies for taking it the wrong way.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
In all fairness I did try to see the humorous side of it when I saw it this morning, as there was no obvious sign of it being meant as humour I just saw it as another cheap swipe at a mods / my comment.

My apologies for taking it the wrong way.

No Problem, I don't have any history of baiting mods as far as I'm concerned its a thankless task. i shall now remove my tongue.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
No Problem, I don't have any history of baiting mods as far as I'm concerned its a thankless task. i shall now remove my tongue.

Mod baiting! now there's a thought for a new game! :) ................. I think on this occasion its your fingers that should be removed........I didn't actually hear you say anything, but whichever you choose maybe you could film it for the enjoyment of all on NSC? the good folk on here do like a bit of self harming! (so I'm led to believe)

Cheers :thumbsup:

LockStock

Jan 29, 2008
Sussex
Thanks for all the advice. I am a heating engineer so that side would be ok, I have friends in the trades required but my main concern is trying to calculate all costs and if having friends do the work for you is always the best idea. I personally would like to try myself but my wife is already having doubts that it would then take a lot longer to finish (she is 8months pregnant to be fair). I think it's fair to say I have enough experience of working on site but it's a big jump to running the whole job yourself.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
My advice would be to get one builder to do it all.Have done 2 majorish projects on my place-one was a new kitchen installation extension and done by different friends in the trade and all organised by me.absolute nightmare-I found that because they wanted to save me money they were doing the jobs out of hours for a cheaper rate and therefore took longer and if one guy delayed it delayed everything else ie can't plasterboard until electrics done etc.I would of and offered to pay full whack to have them there a whole day but it didn't work out like that.

On the second project to know through lounge/ diner, lay new flooring,install new rads etc I used one company -Goldstone Homes and it was great-they organised everything,all ran on time and budget and I doubt cost much more than if I had pieces together various friends/family in the trade-we are moving soon and the place we are buying needs to be gutted-i will no doubt use one firm.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
If you do it yourself beware. If you fall foul of Health & Safety and someone on your job gets injured or worse you will be crucified. Make sure you have insurance with cover up to at least £1 miilion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here