Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Haven't seen this mentioned so.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What did people think about the PA on Saturday playing "Sailing" as the last song before the teams came out?

Surely a ploy to wind up tha Southampton players by playing a Pompey song. I thought it was f***ing hilarious!!!

I think you're reading too much into it, and they were simply playing another tune to which we have a regular chant.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It was the second match in a row it's been played. Presumably the idea is that we'll join in with "We are Brighton" but I can't see that happening, as the fans' version is twice the speed.

I do miss Vindaloo. I know it's not a Brighton song but it just works, in my opinion. Don't like Depeche Mode much.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I think you're reading too much into it, and they were simply playing another tune to which we have a regular chant.

One of my favourites too, just a shame that the recorded version is actually too slow to chant along to...

:(

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
One of my favourites too, just a shame that the recorded version is actually too slow to chant along to...

:(

It used to work alright in the old days with the slow pace as the fans were spliffed up :smokin:

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
What did people think about the PA on Saturday playing "Sailing" as the last song before the teams came out?

Surely a ploy to wind up tha Southampton players by playing a Pompey song. I thought it was f***ing hilarious!!!

Didn't notice but that is funny. Would have been sanctioned by Gus I am sure. Oh and did Gus shake hands with Adkins after the game?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I prefer to finish on the Beatles tune.

Having attended every Amex match, I still find the Fanzone get's to me!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I love fanzone - I love to see the kids in the East stand all up dancing and smiling!!!

The pie moment on Saturday made me laugh - brilliant!!!!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Indeed.

ps FWIW, I bloody LOATH that dreadful medley thing that they blast out before KO. It's not big: & it sure as Hell ain't clever. :sick:

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
think the fanzone,s a bit naff but as shorham ladygull says the kids in the family stand love it so in the hope they will all grow into season ticket holders i will just keep quiet and watch the family stand dancing about

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I bloody hate that song But I do think the fans zone is a good thing the East/Family stand is getting better and better each week and as said before these are the next generation of Albion supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here