Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Have you started Christmas shopping yet?

Have you started Christmas shopping?

• Yes, I've already started

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • No, but I will be starting very soon

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • No, not quite yet

Votes: 39 75.0%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Christmas sales frenzy in August as quarter of Brits start their yuletide shopping earlier

According to above article a third of us have already started Christmas shopping, and another third intend to start their Christmas shopping before the end of September. Noticed in Card Factory over the weekend they already have one aisle given over to Christmas cards and wrapping paper, seems our insatiable appetite for Christmas isn't going to let Covid stop it.

:xmas:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:ohmy:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
There's a load of Xmas wrapping paper in the boot of my wife's car that has been there since January, bought for 50p.[emoji3]

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
03ecce1b4c3aad402c67fa58d3ed7513--christmas-stuff-christmas-humor.jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I only start my shopping once I've seen the annual Xmas TV thread on here.

You know the one that's copy and pasted every year with Mrs Brown's Boys, Something featuring Rylan Clark-Neal, Tipping Point Christmas Celebrity Special, A League of their Own Lads Christmas Challenge

Oh and "Call the Christmas Midwidfe" :lolol:

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I pick bits and pieces up as the year goes on. I'll see something and go, ohh the other half will like that that or Mum and Dad, then squirrel it away in the loft. I got his main present way back in February, so hopefully I'll be able to find it again!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Christmas has got way to commercial . Do my shopping on 23 & 24th dec . I don’t let it effect any other time of the year . Birthdays I take far more care with .

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I've 'started' in the sense that I buy Xmas prezzies for Mrs Peteinblack as and when I see things that I know she wants or think she will like. I do this throughout the year, rather than for a few days in December.

I then hide them away (she does the same for me) until Christmas - although we've both occasionally forgotten about something we bought several months earlier!

Buying through the year avoids the panic of last-minute Crimbo shopping, or frantically wondering what to buy. Instead, I'll see something at anytime of the year, think "Oh, she'd love that", buy it and put it away until it's time to wrap.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
With family living abroad I have to start early to get it shipped in plenty of time. I find it helps looking at the Amazon deals on a daily basis. Gradually you just pick off presents as deals catch your eye. Before you know it a daunting to buy list disappears. It also helps spread the financial burden out.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I only start my shopping once I've seen the annual Xmas TV thread on here.

You know the one that's copy and pasted every year with Mrs Brown's Boys, Something featuring Rylan Clark-Neal, Tipping Point Christmas Celebrity Special, A League of their Own Lads Christmas Challenge

Oh and "Call the Christmas Midwidfe" :lolol:

Genuine :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:, but sadly true.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Calling @Dr No

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Yes.

We started in January and picked up the bargains, then just went out every month to finish it off. We only have my nieces and nephews to do, £10 in a card should do it. Stress at Xmas? Completed it!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here