Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you seen the muppett show

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Almost the perfect NSC post. Criticise an attempt to get atmosphere, use of the terms embarrassing and tinpot. Just needed a cringe in there and you would have completed the set.

What he said

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I believe Cardiff City received a complaint from Bristol City a some years back when they played the muppet theme tune as Bristol City ran out before kick off, back in the days when you did not always have both teams running out together.

That would be funny.

Or the Benny Hill theme.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Don't like a song? Don't sing it, simple really. That song has been going at least back to the 70's and people have every right to sing it.

I don't but then I don't sing anything else. I do however really ****ing hate Palace...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Is this durge possibly the worst and most embarrassing chant that comes from us? I had the misfortune to be a couple of rows in front of the ahem muppett who kept trying to get this going at Bolton luckily this time it failed to catch on. It just makes us look tin pot that certain cretins resort to this non discript crap when they should be getting behind the lads. Is not be surprised based on some performances that our players don't think its aimed at at them. Awful just awful.

No, I'm sorry, you're going to have to type that again in English and with some punctuation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All it says to me is we have an inferiority complex where Palace are concerned. Do they come up with numerous chants about us when playing at away grouns all over the country ( I don't know but i doubt it) It's simlar to Bolton playing at teh Amex singing it about manchetser United a team that have been generally better and more succesful than themselves and drawing attention to the fact.

Yes, they do. I have a friend who lives in Manchester, who went with his Man City mate, to watch that game. Palace fans spent the whole match singing songs about Brighton.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't really see the need to pick on this particular gormless song/chant over other Albion chants/songs currently in use;

- 'By FAR the greatest team the world has ever seen' (I mean, REALLY?!)

- 'Going up to win the cup for Sussex by the Sea' (Hard pushed to win even the Sussex Cup nowadays. Sake!)

Still, far better to sing something totally twattish than just sit there in silence tho eh?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't really see the need to pick on this particular gormless song/chant over other Albion chants/songs currently in use;

- 'By FAR the greatest team the world has ever seen' (I mean, REALLY?!)

- 'Going up to win the cup for Sussex by the Sea' (Hard pushed to win even the Sussex Cup nowadays. Sake!)

Still, far better to sing something totally twattish than just sit there in silence tho eh?

Agreed. CMS 'chasing down defenders and SCORING GOALS FOR FUN' ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All it says to me is we have an inferiority complex where Palace are concerned. Do they come up with numerous chants about us when playing at away grouns all over the country

What, like "We scored three, they scored one, Brighton take it up the bum", say?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes, they do. I have a friend who lives in Manchester, who went with his Man City mate, to watch that game. Palace fans spent the whole match singing songs about Brighton.
Doesn't surprise me. Whenever we're playing on telly, or they don't have a fixture, the #bhafc tag on twitter is full of palace, particularly if we're losing. They still give a large shit about us - which is good to know.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I like it. It's been around for 30 years. :shrug:

Closer to 40 , although the original version did include the lines "We all come from Brighton Town , so get ya ****ing knickers down !" which is not politically correct for today :lol:

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
All it says to me is we have an inferiority complex where Palace are concerned. Do they come up with numerous chants about us when playing at away grouns all over the country ( I don't know but i doubt it) It's simlar to Bolton playing at teh Amex singing it about manchetser United a team that have been generally better and more succesful than themselves and drawing attention to the fact.
Yes they do.

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013

sorry mate - but thats just bollocks.

theres a couple of songs in which brighton get a mention and they are sung maybe once at any given game.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
No, I'm sorry, you're going to have to type that again in English and with some punctuation.

'And' is a tricky one - some people (not my English teacher other half I hasten to add) would say that you should have a comma before the 'and' in the above sentence. 'Or' is another tricky one because technically it's taking the place of a comma, but sometimes it can go with a comma. Lastly, we capitalise English, as in the school subject, but should we capitalise maths or art or history? If someone could clarify the above points I can get my YA novel manuscript tidied up post haste and emailed off to Curtis Brown literary agents. Ta.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here