Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Have You put the Sprouts on Yet?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I bloody love them.. Got extra to go with the bacon and onion and nuts on the 27th

Jul 7, 2003
Either stir fry them with bacon or roast them in a little honey and they are so much nicer.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I just woke up, Happy Christmas to you all.
Wife has banned them this year.
Says they smell out the kitchen too much when cooking.
My first Christmas as far as I can remember without them.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
If you like sprouts, the deficiency in your sense of taste is explained here:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Slow cooked sprouts? Might get a little mushy.

No sprouts for me though, I am the only one that likes them.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
As a bag of sprouts was 13p (iirc) in Lidl last week I've already got through two bags.
Not a big fan of drowning them in lardons and chestnuts and so forth so after the batch I lightly boiled for sole purpose of eating bubble and squeak the next day I decided to treat them like a hispi cabbage. Bit of a scorch in a very hot pan, then turned right down and slowly braised in plenty of butter. Added a teaspoon of honey. Delicious.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
As a bag of sprouts was 13p (iirc) in Lidl last week I've already got through two bags.
Not a big fan of drowning them in lardons and chestnuts and so forth so after the batch I lightly boiled for sole purpose of eating bubble and squeak the next day I decided to treat them like a hispi cabbage. Bit of a scorch in a very hot pan, then turned right down and slowly braised in plenty of butter. Added a teaspoon of honey. Delicious. Disgusting.
FTFY

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Peeled, crossed, and dropped into a boiling pan for 13 minutes. Result: Firm, but not hard. Mushy - totally unacceptable.
My simple method will give you the perfect sprout outcome.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Frozen the only way to go, taste better than the real thing. What were we thinking wasting our time doing all that peeling and cross cutting all those years? Make it work for you, or in the words of Tony Mortimer:

Don’t leave me alone like this,
Don’t think you can take the piss,
Won’t you stay another day,
Stay now...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sprouts help clear the house of overstaying relations surely? Perfectly timed for 2-3hrs after the main event.
TeamSprouts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here