Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have you given up on this season?

Have you given up on the season?

• Total voters

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Are you in the no more points camp or do you think with the pressure off we can spring surprises?

Or are you on the beach and have no more interest (glory hunter)

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Not for me (as in given up on the season)

Still games to go, especially some meaty ones at home.

How could you not, for example, look forward to the spicy atmosphere that will be Chelsea at home?! ;) :rave:

We may not gain too many more points, but it's still live football to go to and enjoy. Summer break is pants.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Are you in the no more points camp or do you think with the pressure off we can spring surprises?

Or are you on the beach and have no more interest (glory hunter)
Neither for me.

I would like to think we will go into each game playing for a win and hope very much we can take some points but based on our injuries and recent form, I am not expecting/demanding anything too much, other than our players do their best. Realistically I think a European qualifying finish is beyond us this season but we are Brighton and anything could happen. I am already very optimistic about the summer window and next season; players recovering from long term injury, especially March and Mitoma, and incredibly excited about the young talent we’ve seen breaking out this season - they are our future.

Sometimes, when everything looks like it’s going to shIte around you, I find it helps to stand back and see the bigger picture.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Hoping we can beat Bournemouth. Lose and I can`t see us getting back into top half.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Pretty much in the season over camp. It's ended up a bit of a disappointment tbh, mainly down to injuries and the recruitment.

Also feel like the club is looking to next season now too with Estupinan and Fergie surgeries.

Doesn't mean that I won't go, or that I won't sing or abuse the refs and Chelsea players and I expect us to pick up a few more points and I'll be 100% behind the team.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not really given up. There's more than the Albion. A lot of enjoyable scenarios in all the leagues. West Ham v Liverpool was a humdinger in the second half. Then there's the other leagues.

Albion specific, Europe has pretty much gone. But it doesn't matter. The sun will still rise in the morning.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not really given up. There's more than the Albion. A lot of enjoyable scenarios in all the leagues. West Ham v Liverpool was a humdinger in the second half. Then there's the other leagues.

Albion specific, Europe has pretty much gone. But it doesn't matter. The sun will still rise in the morning.
Reckon there should be a special prize for the very last special person who finally admits to the reality that went out the window at Brentford yonks ago 😄

Brighton1959

Oct 26, 2021
Not for me (as in given up on the season)

Still games to go, especially some meaty ones at home.

How could you not, for example, look forward to the spicy atmosphere that will be Chelsea at home?! ;) :rave:

We may not gain too many more points, but it's still live football to go to and enjoy. Summer break is pants.
Agree - Chelsea at home last year was one of the highlights. Would be nice to turn over Villa and United. I would probably take 1 out of 3

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not given up and on the positive side we can get much needed additional minutes at this level for the younger players to get them more experience without pressure ahead of next season

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Screenshot_20240427_144211_Chrome.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Reckon there should be a special prize for the very last special person who finally admits to the reality that went out the window at Brentford yonks ago 😄
As things stand, the second half of the season looks like a potential bottom three finish for Albion.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Other
Last couple of games have had to drag myself down there but glad I did when I got there
Away for Villa but wouldn’t miss the chance to turn over Chelsea and United in isolation, regardless of league position impact.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
We now down to 13th :cry:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I’m just keeping quiet but then again I don’t really ask much. I just talk to my pint these days and sort of sigh and tut at what could have been while reflecting on dropped points.
My season is finishing above Palace so what was 10 lengths clear at the 1F post is now huffing and puffing and will hopefully hang on for the shortest of short heads

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We now down to 13th :cry:
But next season we will still be in the Premier League and will start in the top 4 🙂

(The loss of merit money could end up being around £20m cf to last season though which is something we could do without)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here