Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Have You Ever Seen The Queen?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
When Shergar won the Derby all those years ago we blagged our way into the winners enclosure.
The Boss walked past us then security threw us out straight afterwards.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, but did see Wills and Kate and friends in a Courchevel (or maybe Mirabel) outside mountain bar many years ago.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1980 in Brighton. Went past in the Royal car. I think I was down opposite the Pavilion. May have been a school outing. Vague memory.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Saw her at St Paul's for some event maybe 80s. She stopped just in front of us but I was appalled at the cameras (yes that long ago) stuffed in her face for a picture, I shutter to think what it would be like now.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
In her carriage at the Epsom derby a few years back

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We saw her at Glanusk when it was her Diamond Jubilee. Fun fact her favourite dinner is ham, egg and new potatoes.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
4 times. Once in Cornwall during the Silver Jubilee aboard the Royal Yacht; Once on Royal Balcony from Birds Cage Walk; Once when she was riding in the Great Park, Windsor (which was very common until relatively recently) and the other, about a metre away when she stopped to talk to the Pensioner I was stood next to, when she visited Burgess Hill! That was incredible, she is the Greatest living human being and to be that close to I was awestruck.

No. Mark Lawrenson apparently.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Numerous times whilst at RAF Benson & RAF Northolt with the Queens Flight :thumbsup:
I'm sure [MENTION=750]swindonseagull[/MENTION] has some stories.....:whistle:

Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Saw her and got a photo of her on her horse in Hyde Park in 1997 at the St John Ambulance 100 year old birthday party, I suppose I was around 20 metres away

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Met her on a few occasions, along with the Queen mum, Lady Di, Charles etc.

Growing up in the late 80s / early 90s my auntie lived in King’s Lynn, and every year we would spend New Year’s with them there. 15 minutes from King’s Lynn is Sandringham, where the royal family would themselves stay during that period. On New Year’s Day we would always go to Sandringham to see them make their regular public appearance, and the nippers like me were allowed to go up and give them flowers. There are photos of me, about 5 years old, chatting away to Lady Di.

I can honestly say though, I hated every flipping second of it, standing for hours in the cold waiting for them to come out. It would be the most boring day for an infant schooler like me at the time, and I dreaded it every year. Being so young, I had absolutely zero idea as to the significance of who these people were. Don’t get me wrong, I knew who they were, just not the scale of their fame and symbolism.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We saw her in Malta several years ago when she visited Malta.
Was driving home and passed her Rolls Royce on her way from the airport.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
She walked past my (old) house once. In Sussex.

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex
When she visited Worthing her helicopter flew over my house as it came into land on Broadwater Green. I also saw her at the 2018 Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall and on the Golden Barge during the boat pageant for her diamond jubilee. All quite memorable occasions.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Yes. Few times. Led her around Chelsea Flower Show once ��. She knew the guy I was with and said ‘Hello Michael’ before turning to me, looking me up and down and frowning. But she was lovely after that initial disappointment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here