Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have you ever missed an important Albion goal

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wilkins (I think?) goal in the play off final. Never left a game early after that

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Not important, but spectacular. I was making my back to my seat when Ali J hit his overhead kick against our future bankrollers. I just managed to see myself on MOTD.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The first game at the Amex against Eastbourne, sat in the East stand with my ex and her two kids, both of which were annoying me as they weren't watching the game. As I turned to tell them to shut the f*** up, Gary Hart bangs in the opener.
Hate those kids.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
The first game at the Amex against Eastbourne, sat in the East stand with my ex and her two kids, both of which were annoying me as they weren't watching the game. As I turned to tell them to shut the f*** up, Gary Hart bangs in the opener.
Hate those kids.
Sounds like you are well rid. Hopefully on to happier times.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not important, but spectacular. I was making my back to my seat when Ali J hit his overhead kick against our future bankrollers. I just managed to see myself on MOTD.
The same. I had nipped down to the loo, and heard the roar just as I was walking back up the steps.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I missed a goal whilst sitting in the NS!

When Sanchez hacked down a Liverpool player in their 2021/22 PL visit, I focused on the definite red card and the long VAR delay.

Failing to spot the ball had ended up in the net and it was 0-1, until looking at the scoreboard a couple of minutes later. Doh! :D

In the 3-0 Patrick’s Day Massacre, lots of Albion fans missed all three goals, scored around HT. Boozing instead.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I could not see the ball actually crossing the line / hitting the net at Hereford because of people in the way.....
Join the club. The sight lines on that terrace were shocking. :p

Could be a lot worse. Imagine if you’d chosen that moment to go for a pee. Pity those poor sods. There must have been a couple, frantically fumbling with their zippers while bedlam raged on the terraces.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
All 3 of us missed the 1st goal on Saturday while a late mitoma fan went along our row looking for her seat. Which ended up being before us & therefore we didn't have to miss the goal if they'd found the correct seat before disturbing us..

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I have a terrible bladder and usually have to piss 4/5 times a game. I think I’ve missed around a quarter of the goals scored at the Amex but it’s become something of a superstition, to the point where people sitting around me actively encourage me to go to the toilet.

Or they don’t like me, I don’t know.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Missed both DJ Locadia and Solly March's goals against Millwall (FA Cup).

We left in the 80th minute and heard DJs goal from the station. We watched Solly's goal on my iPhone whilst on the train.

We then got off at East Croydon and ran to a pub nearish the station to watch the penalties from there.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Gordon Smith Cup final miss

Re this, i missed this as my dad wanted us to beat the queues at the underground, heard the roar as we were running down the steps then found out Smith had missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here