Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have you ever missed an important Albion goal

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
My father has never had any interest in sport. I managed to convince him to take me to the Goldstone Ground during the 1991-92 season against Oxford United. I was a young teenager at the time.

We were late for the game and missed the first goal(Raphael Meade or Gale, maybe). My father only had his cheque-book on him. The West Stand ticket office kindly let him write the club a cheque and they ushered us through up into the upper West Stand. Oxford United won the game 2-1.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My dad always made us leave the Goldstone 5 minutes before the end so a few times, I heard a roar with a sinking feeling.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
An ill-fated toilet trip meant I missed out on watching our 4th against Dagenham & Redbridge, which ended up securing our promotion at the Withdean.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I’ve missed goals through being late but never through leaving early. The only missed goals that stand out are the two Wigan scored early against us at Withdean. Not in the ground for the first, squeezing along the row and not paying attention for the second.

Jul 7, 2003
Missed the first two against Man Utd in 2018 along with many others as our season ticket cards had to be replaced. Most saw a great 3-2 win, all I saw was a 1-2 defeat :mad:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I’ve missed goals through being late but never through leaving early. The only missed goals that stand out are the two Wigan scored early against us at Withdean. Not in the ground for the first, squeezing along the row and not paying attention for the second.
Was that the 4-1 game around Easter 2005? If so I was at that one. They wiped the floor with us that evening.

Another early goal miss was the first one of the millennium, against Exeter. My brother and I were sauntering past the South stand burger van just as the whistle blew. We decided to grab something to eat. Heard a huge roar as I was being handed my burger.

Can't remember who scored that first UK millennium goal. Freeman, maybe.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Was that the 4-1 game around Easter 2005? If so I was at that one. They wiped the floor with us that evening.

Another early goal miss was the first one of the millennium, against Exeter. My brother and I were sauntering past the South stand burger van just as the whistle blew. We decided to grab something to eat. Heard a huge roar as I was being handed my burger.

Can't remember who scored that first UK millennium goal. Freeman, maybe.
Sounds about right for the Wigan game. And yes I’m sure it was Darren Freeman that scored the first goal of the millennium - I didn’t miss that one.

Missed the Lopez free kick at home vs Palace as queued all of half time to drop the kids off at the pool after a heavy night before.

Finally got in there and the huge cheers turned out not to be for the bowel based exodus achieved but for a rather wonderful goal. Annoying.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I missed Andone's goal against Palace because I was desperate for a pie.

I don't think many can trump that one.

However, how about seeing a goal and not knowing it was disallowed ?

I watched Ulloa score at Huddersfield in 2014. I took a picture at the exact moment and decided to share it on Twitter. I missed it being chalked off. Thus wasn't aware that it hadn't counted.

I was sitting in the main stand rather than with the Albion fans with no-one around me. I only found out at half time when I saw the replays on the screen. Good job I watched them otherwise I would have thought we won the game.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
MacAllister vs Man Utd last season at the Amex

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I missed Andone's goal against Palace because I was desperate for a pie.

I don't think many can trump that one.
I also missed Andone's goal against Palace because I also was desperate for a pie and a pint. Whilst in the queue the roar from outside was explained by 2 members of staff with black binbags running out from the W3I entrance in the West Upper shouting 'It's Andone!'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here