Have you ever given your shirt to a bar?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
You know the sort of bar I'm on about. You go in there on holiday in some seedy resort and they have football shirt plastered all around the place!

Have YOU donated a Brighton shirt to such a bar?

Where have Brighton shirts been spotted?

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Not a shirt but gave a scarf to a pub in Torquay (Strikers or something) which they put up. Next time I went down the place had been taken over and it was missing. Still, took £50 out of their fruit machine which was nice.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Slightly off topic, but when I was in Florida last October a pub I was in - the cricketers - had a Brighton pennant up behind the bar

Buckingham

Feb 23, 2004
Brighton
Myself and Hove Lad donated a scarf to an Irish Bar in the Vieux port area of Marseille last year. They put it on the wall straight away and gave us our next two rounds for free!

We went back there this year and it is still there. Even better, the pompey one that was there had been taken down!:clap:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I handed over my 'Chewit wrapper' Ribero shirt in 1993 in a bar in Rhodes.It got 4 of us a beer and i thought i had done ok.Now i see it selling for 50 quid on E bay and think that £12.50 a bottle was a bit pricey.

The Pink Elephant (I think) in Magaluf used to be owned by a Brighton fan. (We are talking 15 years ago here)

I nearly got me and my mate killed by telling a pissed up Scottish Man U fan that Jim Leighton had bandy legs. Having the bar owned by a fellow Seagull came in useful. :lolol:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
MrV said:
The first Skint one in a quality bar called "Siesta" in Gümbet, near Bodrum, Turkey.

I wouldn't give a shirt tho because I'm too selfish and like to archive my old albion shirts :(

That shirt was my brothers!!! He went on holiday with a couple of mates 2001 and went into that bar to watch Henman get knocked out of Wimbledon (again). He was wearing the first Skint shirt and the owner asked him if he could have it to put on the ceiling...My brother refused.

He then went in the next day and he again asked for it and this time my brother gave it to him. The owner followed this up by asking which shirt he should take down for it to replace. He spotted a Cr***a* P***** shirt on the ceiling and asked for that to be taken down.

My brother then promptly took the Cr***a* P***** shirt to the beach and burnt it.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan & Thimble Keegan's Brother
Worthing BHA

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
:lolol:

That's one for the grandchildren eh Mr Keegan?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports