Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Have You Ever Fallen Asleep During A Game?

el punal

If it's the same game I'm thinking of it was 2-0 and Ryan Harley scored a free kick. I didn't fall asleep, but it does stick in my memory as one of the most boring games I've been to.

Never fallen asleep at the football, although I did – surprisingly – have a little snooze in The Event II when drinking vodka red bulls one night.

Go figure, as they say.

I believe you’re referring to our win in August 2011, which I also watched. That free kick by Harley was about the only positive thing he did at the Albion.

My snooze was the following season in November 2012. It was 1-0, a late goal I think and an evening game to boot. :yawn:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Pre game Newcastle away 2017/18, 5am start and a bottle of Prosecco just led to nothing but me drifting off.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
[QUOzTE=jakarta;10183063]BHA vs. Blackpool 7 years ago 0-0 both sides deserved to lose, by the 80th minute I had lost the will to live.

Christ we are SO much better these days, bad day at the office vs. Burnley is now just that, a bad day...

Was that the one when Paddy McCourt came on as sub and did . . . nothing?[/QUOTE]

That was a good description of Paddy McCourt’s entire Brighton career

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was always genuinely baffled by the hero-worship this player induced amongst some on here. Looked like he'd woken up in a bus shelter, and played like it as well. One of the most junk signings in the Amex (or any other) era, but people really seemed to LOVE the fact that he turned up in our midfield looking like Kane Dingle after a heavy night in the Woolpack.

Anyway, can't say I've ever nodded off at a game but I've been pushed close many times, particularly in the late Hughton era.

But that was the whole point of cheering Paddy McCourt, wasn't it ? Or have I been whoooshed ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Peterborough at home at the Amex. Few beers pre match,sat in he East facing the sun, missed about 10 minutes in the first half.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But that was the whole point of cheering Paddy McCourt, wasn't it ? Or have I been whoooshed ???

Weeellll...I can see the whole "cult" thing, because he was basically a shambling hopeless looking weirdo who could occasionally trip over the ball and make it look like a pass.

But at the time, I really, really didn't want us to be effectively a man down when we were scrapping tooth-and-nail for top 6. McCourt was my go-to facepalm whenever he entered the pitch.

He.Was.Shit.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Many times. I don’t even try to stay up for the 02.00am kick-offs any more:lolol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
England v Saudi Arabia 1998.

A starting 11 including Scholes, Beckham, Anderton, Shearer and Sheringham, with Wright, Gascoigne and Les Ferdinand coming on as subs, somehow drew 0-0. Dire game. Beers had been had, and I'd just returned from a few days fun with mates in Budapest so was a tad weary.

Ah, yes. Remember it well. [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] and I went to that game with a couple of others :drink:, then caught a coach to Wigan to watch The Verve the next afternoon :drink:, and then got a coach back again. So although technically we stayed awake during the game, we were definitely :yawn: by the end of the weekend.

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
Yes, away v Luton, penultimate game of 78/79 season.
Started drinking on minibus at about 9, straight into the pub in Luton, to this day I don’t remember getting to the ground.
I came to at half time, sitting on the terracing with a pool of vomit in front of me, and a clear space around me!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Coventry City in one of the cups at Withdean. I'd been out all night and thought a day at the football was a good idea (it definitely wasn't).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here