Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever bumped into an ex player on holiday?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
August 2002, last night of a cottage holiday in Cumbria was spent in that famous holiday resort, Burnley.
It probably only has 1 hotel, which may explain why we found ourselves in the dining room with the Albion squad, including BZ, and coaching team including Peter Taylor. We kept ourselves to ourselves (kids were small then) but I remember the coaching staff staying up late with bottles of wine.
Next day we won 3-1, first game back in the 2nd tier. After the game, met Tommy Docherty in the club bar and he was friendly, bit of a footie chat.
PG

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
I was in a back street bar in Lagos, Portugal during the summer of Euro 2000. Having watched the earlier Germany game, I nipped to the gents prior to the England v Portugal match and spotted Mickey Adams stood at the bar. After a thorough washing off the hands, I stopped and had a chat with him and he we ended up watching most of the game together on TV.

He told me to stick a tenner on us for the title next year (I didnt) and that we were about to sign a lad called Richie Carpenter...what a signing he turned out to be. I always called him Richie instead of Richard because of that meeting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here